Multiple Sub Woofers

mikesorensen06

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2011
Does anyone have experience in using multiple sub woofers in a two channel or home theater system? What did you like and not like about multiple subs?

Cheers,
Mike

musical marv

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2011

astrallite

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2005
Oh yeah, also what receiver brand/model you have will make a big difference, some RoomEQ programs will NOT equalize multiple subs.

But if you have one of the higher end models with something like Audessy XT32, it will allow you to calibrate your subs with greater precision and you can get flat bass response across a wide range of seating locations.

This guide may help: http://www.audioholics.com/tweaks/get-good-bass/multiple-subwoofer-setup-calibration-1

musical marv

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2011
want don't you contact Randall Hooker here on this site which made the famous RH subwoofer.he will help you i am sure.

jojorisin13

Honorable
May 27, 2012

I have a big Bose sub, an even bigger KLH sub, & a medium size Creative sub all connected 2gether and plugged into the Super Woofer spkr jacks on the amp component of my Fisher Amp & Surround Sound Amp system. There is no loss, they are all true to their sound (That's the beauty of older analog components.) But that's not all. I have a set of Aiwa spkrs with built in subbies and the sub wires are connected into the specified connections on the back of the Bose sub. It's great. Such a powerful sound with no other noise or interference. Just gotta know how to do it right.