Music is coming through both earphones and speakers, I want it to come through just my earphones .... help???

Ry1995

Commendable
Dec 26, 2016
Music is coming through both earphones and speakers, I want it to come through just my earphones .... help???

I looked at a few threads on here and found some useful answers but I couldn't solve mine. I tried opening up sound to see if there was an earphones I could enable or set to default but I only see one box and it says " Speakers and headphones - IDT HIGH DEFINITION AUDIO CODEC - Default device"
Any help? Thanks in advance

UPDATE: I've managed to have the "communciation headphones" showing again, tried to enable and set to default but the sound is still coming through both earphones and speakers. Is it the communication headphones I'm supposed to be looking for? I am just using regular in ear, not the headset type...

Herc08

Respectable
Aug 6, 2016

So one, check to make sure the plug is all the way in. Two, try a different pair of ear phones. Three, restart the comptuer and check the playback options. If anything, you may need to jsut re-install the audio drivers.

Ry1995

Commendable
Dec 26, 2016

I have tried those 3, no result. How do I re install the audio drives? I'm not very technical and I don't want to break my laptop lol

Herc08

Respectable
Aug 6, 2016

Go to Device Manager, under Sounds and speakers, how many do you seE?

Ry1995

Commendable
Dec 26, 2016

Device manager>Sound,video and game controllers> there it says
- bluetooth hands free audio
- cyberlink webcam virtual driver
- iDT High definition audio CODEC
- Intel(R) Display audio

EDIT: when I double click the IDT high definition audio CODEC it gives me option to update driver, along with disable and uinstall. Maybe try Update?

Herc08

Respectable
Aug 6, 2016

You can try and update it, if it says it has the latest version, then uninstall it. Hit no if it asks to uninstall the software. Reboot your computer and your driver will automatically re-install.

Ry1995

Commendable
Dec 26, 2016

Couldn't find anything new when I was trying to update it, so uinstalled instead. Its re-installed now, but no change, still coming through both.. hmmm.

Herc08

Respectable
Aug 6, 2016
That's totally strange. Has this happen before? Is this the first time you are using head phones? Do you have a pair of USB headphones? Is there an Audio software built in?

Ry1995

Commendable
Dec 26, 2016

Not that I remember. Although I just got my laptop back from being repaired days ago, last time I used it was sometime in 2014, only recently got the money to get it repaired, but was unrelated to audio... needed new battery, charger and replace some missing keys. Nope I always used to use earphones on it, I don't have any USB ones and Im not sure if there is an audio software built in. The laptop is a HP Pavilion G6 if that makes any difference

Ry1995

Commendable
Dec 26, 2016

http://imgur.com/a/RS5tm < Thats what shows up, the bluetooth headphones is unrelated to this issue I think, it only recently showed up after I plugged usb from phone into laptop (transferring pictures to laptop)

Herc08

Respectable
Aug 6, 2016

Well, you can try communication headphones, but that honestly sounds like some HP software. Most computers uses Realtek drivers.