Music/Mediaplayer alternatives

lukelc1

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2011
Hey

Does anyone have any recommendations for a good music player with a couple more features than what windows media player has?

Artist info, Recommendations, nice interface ( Cover art etc) and easy to navigate

Ive look at a few, Winamp, and Songbird, but they use alot of memory , tried itunes aswell.

So any ideas, What player do you prefer? :)

manojgj

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2009
if you need free and powerful go for VLC
or else
get jetaudio
http://www.jetaudio.com/download/

basic version is free , if you like it go for full version

try it after customizing like equalizer, sound effects & 32 bit audio, enhanced surround sound like that..

i'm using jetaudio with SRS audio sandbox..... its damn good

krikle

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2010

I would recommend WINAMP. I've been using it for years. I think its great. I hate and have always hated WMP. I think it's a very bloated piece of software. I'm not sure if it gives any of the artist info features or any of the features you're looking for..but I've found it light and good. You say it takes up a lot of memory..but just go with a light install. Revert it back to look like the Classic winamp and all that. But then I guess if you're looking for all the features, this would defeat the purpose! haha. I just like a clean media player with no pointless visualizations or any of that.

cb001

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2011
My favourite is MediaMonkey. Certainly does Cover art and is easy to navigate. Not quite sure what you mean by "Artist info" - it shows the artist for each album/track and allows you to select by artist. Not sure how memory hungry it is compared to others.