Music player with straightest audio path?

Sep 5, 2018
Hi guys!
Simple question:

Wich music player has the simplest audiopath (on Mac)?

Where the music file goes the straightest way from it's location, to the sound card, and to my headphones.

(WITHOUT any excess rendering, processing, upsampling, modilation and so on.)

The Straightest Audio Path Player?

Solution
Jriver is very good but the op doesn't mention video. JRiver won't play native DSD or SACD ISO files. It uses foobar2000 to do that. I think Audirvana does.Both can be optimized for playback from RAM. Some computer audiophiles feel Audirvana sounds better. You can argue the point with others on
www.computeraudiophile.com
Sep 5, 2018
Yeah, I have that one.
The problem though is that they render the sound in 64bit and output in 32 bit even though the file sin in 16 or 24 bit.
(And what don't we know that this player does?)
(PLEASE let's not talk about the bit-deapth phenomenon. I want a simple/ straight music player.)

I can like jRiver in some sense aswell, but now I'm searching for something else.

I want a player that DOES NOT render the sound in any way (or as little as possible).
My reasons are my own.

Just want the straightest Audio path player.

Dragos Manea

Estimable
Mar 30, 2015
I tried audirvana on mac and i did not like it, the reason i liked j river is that you can play music videos and music files no matter what format, i cant say the same about audirvana.

Jriver is very good but the op doesn't mention video. JRiver won't play native DSD or SACD ISO files. It uses foobar2000 to do that. I think Audirvana does.Both can be optimized for playback from RAM. Some computer audiophiles feel Audirvana sounds better. You can argue the point with others on
www.computeraudiophile.com

Solution
D

Deleted member 217926

Foobar supports bitperfect as well.

https://headphoneaddict.com/howto-run-bit-perfect-foobar-tutorial/