Music playing through headphones instead of optical output

Jackallman99

Honorable
Jan 12, 2014
I have some headphones and a 5:1 surround sound system connected to my computer.
I have it set up so skype and such programs play through my headphones, and music plays through my surround sound. How would i make it so i can play music through my headphones and not through the optical output through my surround sound.
Thanks

R4lNM4N

Estimable
Jul 30, 2014
Windows? Right click the speaker icon in your system tray (by the clock) on the right side of your taskbar, select playback devices, select the headphones and set them to be your default playback device

R4lNM4N

Estimable
Jul 30, 2014
Windows? Right click the speaker icon in your system tray (by the clock) on the right side of your taskbar, select playback devices, select the headphones and set them to be your default playback device

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
gorilaz2003 Audio 3
N Audio 1
alphacoyle Audio 4
C Audio 1
Please Help!624! Audio 2
N Audio 26
E Audio 1
W Audio 1
J Audio 1
A Audio 1
B Audio 2
K Audio 1
A Audio 4
J Audio 1
K Audio 1
JUSOCOM Audio 2
ArYcEz Audio 9
F Audio 1
C Audio 2
P Audio 2
Similar threads
Question How to play music from youtube on an old Sound/Audio/HiFi System
Question onkyo receiver playing music bluetooth and a game at the same time?
Question Looking for simple ac speaker that supports sd and/or usb for playing mp3 music?
Question Play Music via AUX on Old Sound System?
Question Why won't the music on my mp3 player play?
Question Need help to buy a new headset ( urgent, old headset broke :'( )
Question moving from iTunes to gPlay Music
Solved! Do play misic from LG K3 TO Philips 32PFL3504D/F7 tv?
Solved! I have an echo input. Where do I put the cable in my bose lifestyle equipment to make it play music through all my wired spea
Solved! Play DVD on mute but play music in background
Solved! Can I use my i7 as a Bluetooth speaker to play music from a sandisk MP3 player?
One day I was riding listening to my music and my subwoofers cut out and started playing at a very low volume my highs are st
mp3 file wont play
[Windows 7] My bluetooth speaker is connected to my Laptop. I tried playing music but not hearing anything.
Playing music simultaneously to several stereo wireless headphones?
Can playing music on high/max volume on PC damage or degrade headphone sound quality?
Does playing loud music damage your headphones?
Headphones play the music part of songs, but the voice part is very quiet.
I having problems with one side of my beats solo wireless 2 headphones only one side plays music and the other doesn't how to
Hissing through headphones when I play music.

ASK THE COMMUNITY