MW2 Sells 2.5 Million DLC, Dirty Video Ad Online

Status
Not open for further replies.

gladiator_mohaa

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2009
The add reminds me of the Grandpa in "Little Miss Sunshine" when he told the kid to "Get the chicks when your young, shes young, then neither one of your go to jail and you get the best...." Well you get the idea. LOL

lauxenburg

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2009
That's a pretty bad ad. Now every kid whose parents were hesitating to buy this for him/her will probably never get it. And in reality they should be getting BF BC2......

truehighroller

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2006
Seriously, I'm tired of hearing about how good this game is doing when it's pretty darn obvious that allot of the PC gamers are really hating this game. It's almost like they are just trying to get the people that said meh f.. it and didn't buy it “ because well, it sucks” in to buying it..

I have it, and the multiplayer sucks. The best part of the multiplayer the Ground War, only works right half the darn time if that even. by works AI mean actually successfully loads half the time. Every time you get done with a match of ground war that you are actually able to make it in to, it kicks you from the lobby before another map loads. You add up all the times that it doesn’t load and you are wasting allot of time. The game will toss you into games that are over all the time as well.. The only part that I've found reliable is the Free For All and it only allows eight people to play at once.

The other day I played on a hacked server that this guy was hosting ok, and he was kicking people that hacked and that camped “ fing awesome yes?” and what he did was he took the ground war and made it free for all. That was seriously the most fun by far that I've had with this game and, that's sad...

I told him thank you I was having so much fun with it. Fix the no dedicated servers issue then come out with a commercial trying to get more people to buy it. Quit using stupid tactics like funny commercials or free weekends, it's not going to work. Also, I've noticed that they seem to exaggerate allot when it comes to the number of people playing on line because at any given time when I get on line there are only 45,000~ players online and when you go through all the multiplayer game types and add up the numbers they don't even add up to that number??? Also, I saw some comments that the manager of the team has put out there for everyone to hear in regards to how he manages his team, that guy right there is the whole problem if you ask me.

They need to fire his arse. What college did he go to, that teaches you how to piss off your employees instead of making them happy? Making your employees not scared to come in to work makes them work more efficiently for you thus making your company more money I’ll add... Or at least that’s what I was taught in college last year.. What planet did they find him on??

End of Rant, seriously though three stories about this broke game is enough please..

G

Wow, you guys have no sense of humor. Smile a bit, it makes you more attractive.

truehighroller

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2006
[citation][nom]gnookergi[/nom]Wow, you guys have no sense of humor. Smile a bit, it makes you more attractive.[/citation]

The game being broke isn't a joke. The problem is that they are trying to bury the fact that Multiplayer has failed with these add campaigns and I don't like it and neither does anyone else who has paid for the game, on PC.. Ask anyone who is online playing it while in the game yourself and they will tell you that the IW Net crap sucks and fails, constantly.

I would doubt if one person in game when asking that question would say that it is good in any way. The game itself is fine it’s that they half way completed the multiplayer by not adding dedicated servers and now it is failing on PC because of that period, no way around it.

The fact is that people have shoty internet connections and that equals crappy game play. With a dedicated server I could pick one close to me and eventually regular that server or, add it as a favorite if I like that way I know I’m always going to have fun and not lag out playing on some dude from India’s PC that has a 1Mb connection..
Then there’s the hackers, you can’t do anything about them.. Great idea,

You just can’t hide an elephant that big I’m sorry..

P.S I can’t edit my comments on here. I’m logged in when going to the forum and I don’t see the edit post button for some reason at the bottom or side or anywhere around my post? Otherwise I would have revised my super post right before this one a little.

kingnoobe

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2008
Love the ad.

As far as the game. It's cool to hate amirite. Some of you need to grow a backbone and think for yourselves. And last but not least remember opinions are just that opinions.

( I don't care for the game, but I gave it a shot. And like most I hate the hosting part, the community which there is none in none of these new fps games. Closest thing is a guild/ clan. Unlike the good old days of rogue spear. And hackers which are a part of all fps games, and now that you don't have were a host must be in the room it just sucks.)

RazberyBandit

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2008
Awesome commercial. While the PC version has it's obvious negatives, I did really enjoy the SP game, as well as MP game for a few weeks. But I was always playing with clan-mates. I imagine the problems in MP mode only escalate exponentially for the loners out there.

One thing I don't know is if all the annoyances within the PC scene carry over into the PS3 and 360. I imagine MP game setup annoyances still exist. Surely lag as well. But what about hacks?

Anyway... I loved the commercial. It really is funny.

maxiim

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
I got it...steam banned me after months of playing online. Its a POS in my opinion and will never spend even 5$ to get anything from infinity ward ever again. Waste of money honestly

idisarmu

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2008
Sadly, all my friends with xboxes who have the game have bought this DLC. Even if COD6 had dedicated servers and proper mod support, I still wouldn't buy it. The MP, from what I've seen on the xbox, is crappy. There are hardly any maps and hardly any classes/guns. The quality of the maps is lower than in COD4 imo. The campaign looks like a lot of fun though. COD5 had a decent campaign (though not as exciting as COD4), but it had Nazi Zombies, which added MANY MANY hours of replay-ability to the game. COD4 had an awesome (but much too short and cliff hanger) campaign and a pretty good online multiplayer.

If IW had made a map editor for COD6 that was kinda like the FC2 map editor and dedi servers, then I think that I would have actually bought the game.... in fact, I think that would actually be better than L4D2, value-wise (as long as you didn't buy L4D, cuz then L4D2 is a ripoff)

disguisey

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2010
the ad it's self is very creative and it appeals to the general audience using the idealism of sex to lure people in.

Status
Not open for further replies.