MW3 Deemed Ultra-Violent Based on London Clip

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

captaincharisma

Distinguished
[citation][nom]valpanig[/nom]Actually i learned many survivals combat tactics playing those kind of games.[/citation]

thats pretty sad. have you learned most of your history from watching shows like the simpsons too? :)

squidz66

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2010
I don't know what slum ghetto you live in squidz, but the people I associate with wouldn't do any of that. They would call their lawyer and sue the person, or take out their gun and shoot them if assaulted.

Case in point!

bobusboy

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2009
My version of MW2 gave me the option of skipping the mission "russian", they should just do this in MW3. The company shouldn't pander to political correctness, nor should the government tell me what I can and can not watch/play

Parsian

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2007
good that means Activision can make less money. People should just boycott the game for lack of deliverying enough content and poor quality. I think it should really cost $25-30 since that is the cost of an standalone expansion packs on PC games. After all, it comes with similar amount of content.

G

We crave violence, is that wrong? We see it on TV, movies, books, video games. The technology gets more advanced, so does the realism. Soldier of Fortune is one of the most graphic games I remember playing. We have become so desensitized to blood/gore. I see so much violence on the news/web. Go to rotten dot com (if its still around). There is much more disturbing things out there. This game is ment for MATURE adults. Young kids shoudn't be playing this kind ig game. If you can't tell the difference between fiction and non-fiction, don't play the game/rent the movie/read the book.

makaveli316

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2010
Stupid people always whining. If you don't like it, don't buy it.
I'm so tired of those fake people always saying shit like that, but do they really care or do they just whine about it????
This is like saying to a fat person that he's looking good. NO, you don't, you are fat. Ridiculous people, don't have the guts to say anything real.
" women don't like big penis, even a small one is good enough" BULLSHIT!!!!

captaincharisma

Distinguished
[citation][nom]Parsian[/nom]good that means Activision can make less money. People should just boycott the game for lack of deliverying enough content and poor quality. I think it should really cost $25-30 since that is the cost of an standalone expansion packs on PC games. After all, it comes with similar amount of content.[/citation]

not everyone starts PMSing everytime activision's name is mentioned just because you get your time of the month when activision get mentioned doesn't mean everyone else does

keczapifrytki

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2008
People need to realize that just because something is not in your taste, it does not mean it needs to be censored. If you don't like it, don't buy it and shut your primitive mouth. It's that simple.

upgrade_1977

Distinguished
May 5, 2011
Yes.... I was playing my games the other day, and all of the sudden my computer started to scream in pain..In a computer voice, it began begging me, NO!! NO!! NO!! Please stop!!
0_o
People, if you want to kill, stop killing people in the game.... Thats what the army is for, go join the army. :eek:

The same people who say gaming is bad are the ones that take there kids to see Rambo 4 or Saw.

All my friends are gamers. Most of us are to laid back and relaxed. I'm 33, been playing these games since I was a kid. Guess what, I don't even have a criminal record. I'm actually a pacifist. Gaming is an outlet, and a way to relax and have fun. Those people that get all violent when they are online, those people were violent before games ever came out.

Games don't kill people, people kill people.

If someone kills a person, and then blames it on games, it's not the games, the person was messed up way before that. they are just looking for an excuse to get out of trouble.

upgrade_1977

Distinguished
May 5, 2011
[citation][nom]squidz66[/nom]One thing that I've noticed, is that violent crime is far more prevalent now, than it was 20 years ago. Used to be you got into a bit of strife, and you'd get punched. Now's you're getting a knife in your kidney and a glass into your eye, before someone stomps your unconscious head into the pavement! A shift in society toward a 'I'll beat you at any cost' mentality, has replaced our inherent code of morals. All media is encouraging these vainglory pursuits. And surely there has to be a boundary.[/citation]

I would like to comment on this.. I'm sorry, but I don't agree. I actually read a study relating crime to games, and actually found that since gaming has come out, crime has gone down almost proportionately. I don't think people are more violent then they used to be, I think it's just more advertised. People have always been sadistic. Just now because of the internet, more people can read about it, see pictures, and watch video's. If you disagree, then I think you just need to start reading some history books. Lot of people "Feel" the world is more violent, but I think it's because the world just seems that way because it is more crowded.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2011/05/24/study-video-games-actually-lower-crime/

JackFrost860

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2010
[citation][nom]JOSHSKORN[/nom]Don't care. Just give me the damn game.[/citation]
If you have a family member or loved one murdered in the 7/7 attack you would see things differently. Personally, I think FPS should remain in fantasy story lines; there is no need to trivialise real life events for entertainment.

songemu

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2010
Honestly, I'm not one to pick a fight, but those people are bonafide pussies. Did we (America) ban Crysis 2 because it depicted NYC in ruins? "Oh no, the TRAGEDY!" Memories of 9/11? Sure, there's a relation. But get the F* over it. Are video game companies supposed to invent a new planet Earth with different landmarks everytime they want to make an immersive, and compelling environment? NO. Sod off, you British ninnies.

captaincharisma

Distinguished
[citation][nom]songemu[/nom]Honestly, I'm not one to pick a fight, but those people are bonafide pussies. Did we (America) ban Crysis 2 because it depicted NYC in ruins? "Oh no, the TRAGEDY!" Memories of 9/11? Sure, there's a relation. But get the F* over it. Are video game companies supposed to invent a new planet Earth with different landmarks everytime they want to make an immersive, and compelling environment? NO. Sod off, you British ninnies.[/citation]

the British are ninnies? maybe your fine with this but most US citizen would start suing if one scene from any US disaster or any US president current or past gets assassinated in a game. no the US seem like more of the ninnes to the rest of the world these days and plus with the US finally killing osama they will get more ignorant and pompous.

apocalypseap

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2009
I'm sorry, but this is just stupid. Why don't they just not play the game? Why do they care about a game they'll never play? There's no logic; this is an irrational, emotional reaction that is best ignored. Just let them cry until they run out of tears because their stupid objections should not be taken seriously.

apocalypseap

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2009
[citation][nom]jackfrost860[/nom]If you have a family member or loved one murdered in the 7/7 attack you would see things differently. Personally, I think FPS should remain in fantasy story lines; there is no need to trivialise real life events for entertainment.[/citation]
You can't be serious and must be a troll, but in-case you aren't, the game does not trivialize anything, dimwit. It's a game. The game does not affect anyone unless they want it to. I also HIGHLY doubt that the incident is ever mentioned or implied in the game. Get over it.

G

why is london complaining and russia isn't even though they are the bad guys

Status
Not open for further replies.