Mx 17 Alienware Plugged in not charging issue (read description for the steps I already did!!

yuri_hyuga999

Prominent
Nov 19, 2017
So i went to the forums and decided to spend money on the one thing that kept coming up and decided to replace the charging port I got my laptop back and it changed nothing, I ran diagnostics and I can't find anything bad, the battery looks and seems good , ive already tried uninstalling and reinstalling the battery acpi software, I already reseated and cleaned all the terminals inside my laptop, I already changed my charger. I really need some professional answers to where the next step I should look into, because im at a loss as why the laptop cant charge my battery, I havent gotten a indicator saying the battery is dying, my laptop will notify if this is the case. I noticed any flash games or heavy websites will shutdown the laptop immediately and I know my laptop isnt overheating can someone plz help me. the laptop still powers on with the adapter I now have but it will not charge my battery even with the new installed DC jack