My 2016 Colorado with Premium BOSE Audio is supposed to have a sub,but it does not

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaytree561

Prominent
Apr 8, 2017
I read an ad on the BOSE web site that the Chevy Colorado with BOSE Premium sound included
7 high performance speakers and a subwoofer. My decision to purchase the Z-71 Crew Cab was
the fact that the BOSE Premium Audio ad on the BOSE Audio web site stated the above.
A friend commented that my audio system sounded weak to be a "Premium Sound" system from
BOSE. We both proceeded to look for the sub woofer mounting location only to find there was no sub in the truck. I contacted BOSE and directed them to their own web site where it states
the BOSE PREMIUM AUDIO for the Chevrolet Colorado includes 7 high performance speakers
including a sub woofer. BOSE said it was a mistake and removed the ( includes sub woofer)
part of the ad. A big part of my buying decision was the BOSE Audio system as a sub woofer
was included in the BOSE PREMIUM AUDIO option for the Colorado Crew Cab Z-71.
I paid for a sub woofer but BOSE says sorry , it was a mistake. I want my BOSE subwoofer
as stated on the BOSE web site nothing more.

Update 4/20/2017
Spoke with BOSE Corporate office VP Customer Service is going to install free of charge a
matched sub woofer at my dealership on 4/24/2017. BOSE apologized for the incorrect description
of the BOSE PREMIUM AUDIO which had run from 12/05/2015 until a couple of weeks ago when I
brought it to their attention. The people at BOSE are super and are also sending me a new Bluetooth Headphone Headset
for my inconvenience. I was persistent and in the end I'm getting what I asked for and more.
Many thanks to BOSE .

And we are supposed to????

Better_Call_Saul_logo.png

DSzymborski

Distinguished
Have you talked to the dealer to see if they were willing to do something for you? And if a big part of buying a $20,000 vehicle was a subwoofer, I would have checked it out at the start. I believe your only real recourse, short of some kind of contractual agreement that includes mention of a subwoofer, is goodwill with either Bose or the dealer; an advertisement is not a contract and false advertising requires an intent to deceive rather than a mistake.

Regardless, there's not really anything *we* can do for you.

USAFRet

Illustrious
Bose
https://www.bose.com/en_us/support/policies.html
Changed terms

"Any Bose publication may include technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. Changes may be periodically made to these publications. "
--------------------------------
Chevy
http://www.chevrolet.com/important-information
IMPORTANT WORDS ABOUT THIS WEBSITE

"We have tried to make this website comprehensive and factual. We reserve the right, however, to make changes at any time, without notice, in prices, colors, materials, equipment, specifications, models and availability. Specifications, dimensions, measurements, ratings and other numbers on this website are approximates based upon design and engineering drawings, prototypes and laboratory tests. Your vehicle may differ due to variations in manufacture and equipment. Please check with your Chevrolet dealer for complete details."

USAFRet

Illustrious
MERGED QUESTION
Question from jaytree561 : "BOSE PREMIUM AUDIO missing sub woofer."

jaytree561

Prominent
Apr 8, 2017

jaytree561

Prominent
Apr 8, 2017
I never said the sub woofer was a big part of my decision ,you did.
FYI my Colorado was $34K not $20K
If you have an answer or suggestion that might help me great ,otherwise refrain.

I did say big part,sorry I should have said the BOSE AUDIO influenced my decision.

USAFRet

Illustrious

There are only 2 entities that can maybe resolve this to your satisfaction:
Bose or your Chevy dealer.

What did they say when you talked to them?

jaytree561

Prominent
Apr 8, 2017

jaytree561

Prominent
Apr 8, 2017
BOSE customer no name service checked with advertising and marketing. BOSE removed (includes sub woofer) from web page ad the next day.
Sorry for the confusion.
To which I replied there was no confusion during my Chevy Colorado Z-71 purchase I simply want the sub woofer that the BOSE AUDIO web site stated
was included in the BOSE PREMIUM AUDIO for the 2016 Chevy Colorado Crew Cab Z-71. Customer Service is forwarding my emails to their legal department.

DSzymborski

Distinguished

If this is your typical attitude, it's not exactly shocking customer service didn't fall all over themselves to provide you with something purely out of goodwill. Bonne chance!

My decision to purchase the Z-71 Crew Cab was
the fact that the BOSE Premium Audio ad on the BOSE Audio web site stated the above.

A big part of my buying decision was the BOSE Audio system as a sub woofer
was included in the BOSE PREMIUM AUDIO option for the Colorado Crew Cab Z-71.

Well you got 6 BOSS PREMIUM AUDIO Speakers, so.........

jaytree561

Prominent
Apr 8, 2017

jaytree561

Prominent
Apr 8, 2017

Mar 22, 2018
Attention 2015-2017 Chevy Colorado Owners with BOSE stereo:

I had purchased a 2016 Chevy Colorado with Bose system. On the Bose's website it said package came with a subwoofer. It does not. Look for one, it’s not there. The ad ran for over 15 months from 1/1/15 to after 5/1/17 and was even changed at one point, but changed advertisement still had subwoofer listed. When I bought my truck the ad ran "is available with a Bose premium system complete with 7 high performance speakers including subwoofer"

I had called Bose "help" line to inquire about the ad, at first the denied that Colorado was ever offered with a subwoofer.

"The Bose System content does not include a "sub woofer" I will attach a pdf file containing the Bose System content for your review. Please let me know if you have any further questions." -Patty (Bose employee)

I explained that when my tuck was bought that in fact IT DID say one was included.

"I am sure the Marketing site it updated all the time I cannot tell you what was there on April 8th 2017. I am not sure I understand your question" -Patty (Bose employee)

So since I was getting nowhere, and she kept denying there was an issue, I went on the way back machine and found the ad that was posted on website when I purchased my truck.

http://archive.org/web/web.php

Then type in http://boseautomotive.com/vehicles?region=43&manufacturer=11

Pick the date when my Truck was bought and.....

(Picture will not post but follow links)

WOW!! Bose lie?!?! No way! So, after I did the research I get

"Thank you for the follow up emails. In my research over the past few days I did confirm that there was an error on the website and it was corrected as soon as it was brought to our attention. I will forward your below email to my Manager" –Patty

The manager was not helpful (Jason Spaman: Bose operations manager. Automotive Systems Division). Dodged all questions and made excuses. Said the 2 year long ad was a "mistake" and it was fixed.

"As Patty and I described, the subwoofer for the Chevy Colorado is not a Bose supplied unit, but rather it is supplied by a 3rd party and installed by an authorized dealer. Since this is not a Bose supplied subwoofer, we are not comfortable coordinating the install in your vehicle. The Bose system designed for the Colorado includes two high-performance 6x9 speakers, engineered for powerful low frequency reproduction. These components deliver the bass response to our desired performance standard, without requiring a separate bass box enclosure." Jason Spaman (Bose employee)

(NOTE: what does this have to do with anything?! How does the statement above have anything to do with the fact that they will not honor their advertisement? The subwoofer SHOULD be a Bose supplied unit per advertisement and installed WITH the stereo during truck manufacture. It’s not my fault that it wasn't. It’s their responsibility to make it right, how they make it right is not my problem. If the speakers were so good, why did I want to replace them?)

"As we discussed on March 9th, I was hoping to find out how we could possibly coordinate this work and that I needed to discuss this particular case with our management team (those who had been involved in discussions about this type of claim in
the past) before deciding how to proceed." –Jason Spaman (Bose employee)

more on this: see this link http://www.tomsguide.com/answers/id-3382915/2016-colorado-premium-bose-audio-supposed.html

“After much discussion, we are prepared to offer you a pair of Bose Quiet Comfort 35 noise-cancelling headphones in your choice of color. If you can let us know the delivery details, I will coordinate the delivery of the headphones. We apologize for any inconvenience this error may have caused you. We value our customers and we hope that you will accept our offer." –Jason Spaman (Bose employee)
I have emailed the following 2 questions to Jordan. Still no answer.

Jordan,
And to be clear, you will not be honoring your 2 year publicly displayed marketing campaign for the 2016-2017 Chevy Colorado. Picture is below.
That states the 2017 Chevy Colorado "is available with a bose premium system complete with 7 high performance speakers including subwoofer.."

Yes or no?

2. You acknowledge that my truck (you have my bill of sale; was sent to patty) should have a subwoofer per advertisement.

Yes or no?

Is anyone else sick of large company’s lying with NO repercussions. They refuse to honor an advertisement that ran for ALMOST 2 years!! If you have a Bose system and purchased your truck between 1/1/15 and 5/5/17 (or possible later; have not found exact date), I suggest you contact Bose. Maybe you will be lucky and actually get what was advertised (see above link), if not at least you can get some $400 headphones.
. http://boseautomotive.com/contact
or

And also follow my example and submit a complaint with the FTC

https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/GettingStarted?NextQID=231&Url=%23%26panel1-9#crnt

DSzymborski

Distinguished
Your complaint, depending on what the ad says -- I'm not spending time jumping through hoops researching an ad you could have screen-captured and posted in 30 seconds -- is with Chevy, Bose, and/or the Better Business Bureau. There is absolutely nothing anybody here can do to help you.

Mar 22, 2018

wow! stellar input! thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.