Solved! my Acer aspire 7720G start up problems

May 26, 2019
My acer aspire 7720G is dead you turn it on, the power switch lights up you can hear the fan, it is charging as the indicators are lit up but the screen is black even on an external monitor it sounds like the hard drive come on for about 5 seconds, the CPU fan too.i cant get into bios or anything !!!! please help

Solution
Well, if you get nothing on the screens from the start, no start up info, etc., then it is likely the graphics are shot. Alas, it isn't something you can just test any other way (on your own). I would try the monitor options first and see if it works. If not, then you will have to get it looked at. Sorry, no shortcuts on that one.
Doesn't sound like the laptop is dead. Sounds more like your GPU may be though.

When you tried to use an external monitor did you make sure to turn off the laptop before connecting it and then turning it on? If not, you should try again. Some laptops will not recognize an external monitor if you don't.

Also, you may have to press an "external monitor" button. Could be the f4 button or a button with two monitors on it, for the external monitor to work.

Additionally, you may also want to try hitting CTRL + SHIFT + WIN + B to try and reset your graphics driver as another possible fix.

If it still won't work on an external one after all this, and you are sure the monitor you tried it on indeed works, then you need to have the laptop looked at to see if the GPU needs replacing, and possibly the motherboard.

Reactions: kirito99issei
May 26, 2019
Doesn't sound like the laptop is dead. Sounds more like your GPU may be though.

When you tried to use an external monitor did you make sure to turn off the laptop before connecting it and then turning it on? If not, you should try again. Some laptops will not recognize an external monitor if you don't.

Also, you may have to press an "external monitor" button. Could be the f4 button or a button with two monitors on it, for the external monitor to work.

Additionally, you may also want to try hitting CTRL + SHIFT + WIN + B to try and reset your graphics driver as another possible fix.

If it still won't work on an external one after all this, and you are sure the monitor you tried it on indeed works, then you need to have the laptop looked at to see if the GPU needs replacing, and possibly the motherboard.

hey thanks mate, ill retry the monitor thing you suggested, but am pretty sure its working, as for the GPU do u have any further information ?(hard to get someone to check it for me "i live in Morocco" )

Well, if you get nothing on the screens from the start, no start up info, etc., then it is likely the graphics are shot. Alas, it isn't something you can just test any other way (on your own). I would try the monitor options first and see if it works. If not, then you will have to get it looked at. Sorry, no shortcuts on that one.

Reactions: kirito99issei
Solution
May 26, 2019

okey thanks mate appreciate it