My acer aspire laptop screen got broken due to a loose screw falling out. I've repaired it but the new screen temporarily show

ambernadette

Commendable
Jun 19, 2016
The correct screen was installed by a trustworthy consummate electronics professional but should l be concerned about the underlying cause of these temporary white spots and given the initial reason behind the broken screen has anyone else had this problem and how did they resolve it Thanks to anyone who can give me some help with this issue. This is the first forum lve joined so this form of communication is new to me

Solution
There shouldn't be any white spots being displayed on your laptop. It's either the installation wasn't done right, there's an issue with the LCD cable, or you received a defective screen.

Try to remove the screen and check the cable for damages. If you see none, please reinstall the screen and make sure it's firmly seated.

ScreenSurgeons1

Commendable
May 3, 2016
There shouldn't be any white spots being displayed on your laptop. It's either the installation wasn't done right, there's an issue with the LCD cable, or you received a defective screen.

Try to remove the screen and check the cable for damages. If you see none, please reinstall the screen and make sure it's firmly seated.

Solution

ambernadette

Commendable
Jun 19, 2016

ambernadette

Commendable
Jun 19, 2016
Thank you for your reply We actually used your acer aspire YouTube Video to find out type and how to fix a new screen. I've shown the computer to a professional computer engineer who is willing to look at it but l find if l "wipe" the touchscreen the spots dissapear after a few minutes and the screen works perfectly well. I am loath to reopen it as a lot of the clips are not holding now and had to be glued . The repairer seems to agree although l do recognise that there is an inherent fault probably due to the reasons you have mentioned. Thanks again for your input.