My Acer Aspire S3 won't get past the start screen. The cursor does not show up so I can't log in. Tried to restart it several

scbj1909

Estimable
Aug 25, 2015
My Acer Aspire S3 won't get past the start screen. The cursor does not show up so I can't log in. Tried to restart it several times by holding down the power button but nothing changes. Battery can not be removed. When I last shut it down it installed updates but otherwise it was working fine.

scbj1909

Estimable
Aug 25, 2015
I did not shut it down. As far as I know it restarted on its own. It was plugged in so it should not have been short of power.
What is now happening is that the first screen comes up, as usual. The second screen comes up where I am to click on a place on the picture. Since I have no cursor, I can't click on the right spot or do the alternative login.

Try this... Reinstall the touchpad by clicking on start, all programs, acer, acer erecovery management, restore, reinstall drivers and applications, contents and look for touchpad driver and reinstall by clicking on the green arrow on the right handside. If that doesnt work, download and install the latest touchpad driver

it is possible that loading windows 10 will fix the issue, I can't say that it will for 100% though... If it does, great. Considering windows 10 uses different drivers its a definite possibility that the Win 10 load will fix the issue. Good luck and thanks for the updates.