My Acer Laptop wont charge without the battery on. Please assist ASAP

Stephen_105

Commendable
Sep 28, 2016
I have tried plugin the charger to power up, but it basically won't power up. The laptop battery did malfunction, so I ain't using it anymore.

Is the battery still in the device? If yes, that could be your problem. If no, then the problem is probably the charger cord needing replacing. However, please note, while you can run a laptop on the cord alone, you really shouldn't do it all the time. You should see about getting a new battery.

If getting a new cord, however, doesn't resolve the problem, you may well have fried the charging circuit, which would lead to possibly needing to replace the motherboard.

Is the battery still in the device? If yes, that could be your problem. If no, then the problem is probably the charger cord needing replacing. However, please note, while you can run a laptop on the cord alone, you really shouldn't do it all the time. You should see about getting a new battery.

If getting a new cord, however, doesn't resolve the problem, you may well have fried the charging circuit, which would lead to possibly needing to replace the motherboard.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Y Laptop Tech Support 1
R Laptop Tech Support 3
suhaib.ajaz03 Laptop Tech Support 0
Epic Creeper Laptop Tech Support 1
Michael@Jensen@WK Laptop Tech Support 1
V Laptop Tech Support 2
Shootingstar007 Laptop Tech Support 3
B Laptop Tech Support 0
Komla Laptop Tech Support 4
Ramon3 Laptop Tech Support 1
P Laptop Tech Support 1