My apps won't open. What do I do? (ASUS G751JY 17-Inch)

sorobitta

Commendable
Jun 5, 2016
I was using my pc normally then the next day my computer won't open any apps is not any hacker because I use Avast antivirus and not any virus. My computer is ASUS G751JY 17-Inch Gaming Laptop [2014 model].

Solution
Open command prompt (cmd) and type "chkdsk" for quick safe mode type of check. If any issues are found it may ask schedule to re-check and repair on reboot. At this point decline the check at reboot but rather type in cmd, "sfc /scannow"...........this will do a more in depth check and repair. Once completed reboot and test, if it works immediately create a restore point.

Its advisable to download either malwarebytes antimalware or emsisoft antimalware as backup scanners but these do find 5-7% of infections otherwise missed by antivirus scanners. Both these apps are free.

zer0c00l587

Estimable
Jan 14, 2016
Open command prompt (cmd) and type "chkdsk" for quick safe mode type of check. If any issues are found it may ask schedule to re-check and repair on reboot. At this point decline the check at reboot but rather type in cmd, "sfc /scannow"...........this will do a more in depth check and repair. Once completed reboot and test, if it works immediately create a restore point.

Its advisable to download either malwarebytes antimalware or emsisoft antimalware as backup scanners but these do find 5-7% of infections otherwise missed by antivirus scanners. Both these apps are free.

Solution