My aspire 5750g's has a black screen flickering in certain games.

Arcleon

Estimable
Oct 11, 2015
I got a Aspire 5750g a few days ago.
It is a fresh installation of windows 7, updates and drivers are installed.

With some games (star craft 2, magicka, left 4 dead 2) I get an issue in which the screen flickers between a still image and black, I cannot move the cursor while doing this but I can alt tab.
I have tried this on both of the laptops GPU's and it makes no difference.
See: https://youtu.be/oqufKf-31Wc

I did some searches and I cannot seem to find any posts or information for this (I might just be missing it).
Does anyone have any idea on what could be causing this?

Aspire 5750g-2418g64 mnkk
CPU: i5-2410M
GPU: Intel 3000HD and Geforce GT520M
RAM: 8GB

Solution
Hi again,

You could be having some graphics malfunction since it is happening with all your games, you could see if you still have warranty on the laptop and get a replacement.

Has this issue started recently or has it always been there ever since you started playing games on the lappie?

Best Regards,

NerdyComputerGuy

Honorable
Nov 19, 2013
Afternoon,

Could you possibly re-install your graphics drivers? That would be helpful to me and you.

Also, could you take a snapshot or video of the GRAPHICS SETTINGS of which you have in the game (specifically StarCraft II) at this point.

Many thanks,

Arcleon

Estimable
Oct 11, 2015

Re-installing has no effect and I cannot get to the settings for any of the games as game does not respond when its flashing.

Arcleon

Estimable
Oct 11, 2015

I cant launch the games in safe mode.

NerdyComputerGuy

Honorable
Nov 19, 2013
Hi again,

You could be having some graphics malfunction since it is happening with all your games, you could see if you still have warranty on the laptop and get a replacement.

Has this issue started recently or has it always been there ever since you started playing games on the lappie?

Best Regards,

Solution

Arcleon

Estimable
Oct 11, 2015

I have only had it for a few days and it has been doing it since I first tried it with those games.
I will go back to the seller and have it refunded.