my asus labtop beeps alot

Shawnsecor

Commendable
Jul 29, 2016
its the worst noise in the world and no1 on earth has a clue why its doing it. i cant find a solution anywheres. i cleaned the fan it wasnt dirty but its clean i reset bios i did everything possible plz help.

kaptainkuftic

Commendable
Jul 26, 2016

Yep, that would drive me up a wall too. God damn that was unpleasant.

But, it doesn't sound like something coming from your mobo. It sounds like a squeeky fan. I base that assumption on how irregular the "beep" is. Try spraying the fan with compressed air, and if that doesn't work, open the laptop (might void warranty), find the fan, and spin it manually to see if it squeeks. Hell, I would even consider turning it on with the laptop opened up to really make sure

Shawnsecor

Commendable
Jul 29, 2016
i cleaned the fan and it doesnt sqeeuk or anything . itsounds like an electric current being tapped . its literally the most annoying noise in the world.

kaptainkuftic

Commendable
Jul 26, 2016

Man are you sure?

Alright, I would open it up, turn it on, and find out what /precisely/ is making the noise. Again this is warranty voiding, do it at your own risk, and for the love of God, don't do this over carpet.

nolimits76

Commendable
Jul 18, 2016
How old? Still under warranty by chance? Even if not, I think it's worth a call to ASUS. Even if you have to pay $50 for tech support help it'd be worth it to fix that noise.

Some people are tone deaf and it wouldn't bother. My ears bleed when I hear high pitched noises like that. I couldn't do it. I'd throw the damn thing against the wall or pay to get it fixed, or just sell and move on. LOL, not great answers I know.

TRENDING THREADS