My asus laptop F551M won't turn on or charge. No lights either.

PublicEnemyNumber1

Estimable
Feb 6, 2016
The laptop turned off when I accidentally plugged my headphones into a USB port. It instantly shut off. I tried sleeping on it and seeing if it worked by the morning but nothing haopened. And before you suggest taking out the battery, it's impossible to take out the battery in this model. Anything else I could try, besides getting it replaced? I have important files on here that I don't want to get deleted.

Solution
Hi,

Here are some troubleshooting steps that may help in solving the issue.
- Start by doing a hard reboot, unplug the AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds then boot it back up and see if it would boot normally.
- Next to try is to reseat the RAM's, remove them all for couple of seconds then put them back in making sure everything is seated properly.
- If all these will not work the problem will be the motherboard itself it may have short circuited.
Hi,

Here are some troubleshooting steps that may help in solving the issue.
- Start by doing a hard reboot, unplug the AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds then boot it back up and see if it would boot normally.
- Next to try is to reseat the RAM's, remove them all for couple of seconds then put them back in making sure everything is seated properly.
- If all these will not work the problem will be the motherboard itself it may have short circuited.

Solution

Walter_12

Commendable
Feb 23, 2016

I have the same problem, I watched some videos, opened it up removed the battery, reinstalled and the did the hard reboot. Everything functioned as it should. Once the screen went to sleep, I was at square one. :(