My ASUS laptop in power off immediately after I press a Power button.

Andrey Protasevich

Estimable
Aug 15, 2015
People, I have a problem, that many people had on this forum, as I wee.

So, When I press the Power button on my laptop, I can hear, that my HDD is power on and LED indicators lights, but only for a 1/2 of a second, and my laptop is "power off immediately"..
Screen is still black and the backlight is off.

After 5-10-15-20 attempts, my laptop is power on, and... and all is work fine.. until reboot of power off.

- I tried to reset BIOS settings, but on my ASUS K56CB nothing changes.. I click on "change bios setting to default" and select "yes", but Nothing in BIOS setting is changed.
- I disassembled the laptop and there is no dust, all the cables are inserted well.
- Tried to boot with one of 4GB RAM, and with other 4GB.. still nothing changed.

Any ideas? Maybe anybody have this problem yet?

Solution
Hi,

Please do try powering on the laptop without the HDD in it as well. Because it could also be an issue with your HDD going bad already. Also see if resetting BIOS by removing the CMOS battery will do the trick this time as well. Lastly do clean up the inside of your laptop and make sure nothing is hitting the fans and if thermal paste is available please do reapply new ones in the CPU and GPU.
Hi,

Please do try powering on the laptop without the HDD in it as well. Because it could also be an issue with your HDD going bad already. Also see if resetting BIOS by removing the CMOS battery will do the trick this time as well. Lastly do clean up the inside of your laptop and make sure nothing is hitting the fans and if thermal paste is available please do reapply new ones in the CPU and GPU.

Solution

mindexplosion

Commendable
Dec 14, 2016

Hello, I'm facing the same issue on a Asus K56CB, did you find what was causing the issue ?

Daniel_439

Prominent
Feb 23, 2017
I think it might be ur LCD wire cuz I had the same issue but after that it got to the point were when I press the power button it just blinks and doesn't turn on cuz when I unplugged the LCD wire and pressed the power button it turned on so that might be the problem