My Asus Laptop Keyboard is bugged very badly

amiraliziveh

Prominent
Sep 30, 2017
Hello Excuse me, about 7days ago I was playing my video game like everyday. (DCUO).
And I turned my laptop off and put away.
Next day, I turned it on and while it was getting on I was cleaning it with glass wash liquid and a fabric, a little bit of the liquid fell on my N then I cleant it as well, it was no wet. And completely dry. Then I typed my password and I noticed it is bugged. I went to the Windows icon and clicked on it and searched for something(proxy). Then when I was typing proxy, the letters were bugged, for example O typed NOJ for me and Y typed something else with Y and for other letters too.
Then I restarted it, but no difference, then I turned it off for 30 minutes to let the keyboard gets dry if it is still wet. But didnt work after that 30 minutes.
Then I thought maybe it be solved next day, but no difference. I tried to Go to google and search something but when I kept the keys to change language, didn't work, I couldn't active my number locks too.
I got so angry and punched its keyboard 2 times, next day I couldnt even type some letter like K or L or some other ones, and I couldn't type 0 which is on my password :( then I opened the screen keyboard and tried to type my password, but said incorrect password or username, I clearly typed my own password by the screen keyboard but didn't open. I tried to do it again tomorrow but couldn't type too many letters like 0 that is in my password. Please help me I really want to play DCUO, it is on Halloween event.
By the way it just once accepted my password but I couldn't use my internet too.
My WiFi downloads 4 mg every moment, it was connected but I couldnt use my internet at all. Maybe it is not about the keyboards problem, but I had to say.

Solution
If it was "Filter Keys" it wouldn't ask to turn them on, as they would be on.

So there was no difference after uninstalling the driver, rebooting and letting the system reinstall it? If that is the case, Then I would suggest the keyboard replacement. BTW The reason an external keyboard is suggested, is that is another step to make sure if it is the attached keyboard or not. If the external one is effected as well, then it is likely not the attached one that is the problem.
Well, even though you believe no liquid got it, it could have. Happens way more often than you think. However, you can try the following and see if it helps...

NOTE: If you need to type in a password to even get into Windows to do the following, make sure you attached an external keyboard first, to get past the password. Then disconnect the external keyboard and try the following...

1. Uninstall the keyboard driver.
2. Reboot the computer (without reinstalling the driver).
3. When it restarts, it should reinstall the driver on its own.

If this doesn't work, you may wish to try connecting an external keyboard and see if it works fine. If it does, then it could be the keys themselves that are the issue.

You may also want to try updating the Synaptics Driver if the above doesn't help.

amiraliziveh

Prominent
Sep 30, 2017

I need to enter my password first and if its drive be bugged, I don't know if it even works with a helper USB keyboard.!
Can I reinstall the Keyboard drive without entering the password and unlocking?

amiraliziveh

Prominent
Sep 30, 2017

I tried reinstalling both keyboards, and I didn't use a USB keyboard and I used on screen keyboard to enter my password, but no difference yet, what send to be the problem, my laptop is X44H, should I buy a new keyboard for this?
By the way I know the problem isn't Filter keys, but when I turn my laptop on password page, a window opens and says do you want to turn on the filter keys and... But I'm 100% sure the problem isn't filter keys and I like to know why it appears, I say No to that window to not turning the filter keys on and making everything worse.

If it was "Filter Keys" it wouldn't ask to turn them on, as they would be on.

So there was no difference after uninstalling the driver, rebooting and letting the system reinstall it? If that is the case, Then I would suggest the keyboard replacement. BTW The reason an external keyboard is suggested, is that is another step to make sure if it is the attached keyboard or not. If the external one is effected as well, then it is likely not the attached one that is the problem.

Solution