Solved! My ASUS ROG GL552VX won’t stay on without the power cable

Feb 26, 2020
it just happened now, when i press the power button of my laptop it wont turn on so i assumed that maybe it ran out of power then i plugged it in and saw that my battery is still at its 97% and its still charging.
i tried to troubleshoot the battery to know if the battery is damage or broken, but it state not.

can anyone help. please.

Solution
Just because you don't see damage on the battery and just because it says it is at a certain percentage doesn't mean the battery isn't the problem.

Batteries give false readings when they are going bad. So, for an example, they can say that they have 80% but in reality they only have 20. Happens all the time. As they go bad, less and less of the battery is usable, so instead of saying you can only charge to this amount, they actually give a false amount of the part that is no longer charging. It is quite annoying.

The only way to resolve it, replace the battery. Just make sure you get yourself an OEM one and not aftermarket. I know the aftermarket may seem great because they are cheaper, but they last way less time and often cause...
Just because you don't see damage on the battery and just because it says it is at a certain percentage doesn't mean the battery isn't the problem.

Batteries give false readings when they are going bad. So, for an example, they can say that they have 80% but in reality they only have 20. Happens all the time. As they go bad, less and less of the battery is usable, so instead of saying you can only charge to this amount, they actually give a false amount of the part that is no longer charging. It is quite annoying.

The only way to resolve it, replace the battery. Just make sure you get yourself an OEM one and not aftermarket. I know the aftermarket may seem great because they are cheaper, but they last way less time and often cause other problems with the device.

Solution