My asus will not even let f9 bring up my boot options to restore my factory settting. Help?

soneill0615

Prominent
Aug 1, 2017
I need to restore my factory setting to my Asus X550 because I do not remember the password and haven't used this computer in forever. I just want to restore everything.
My asus will not even let f9 bring up my boot options to restore my factory settings. Help?

Solution
If it's stll on Windows 8.1 I can't be sure this will work but if you have Windows 10, you can hold down the power button for ten seconds to turn the laptop off. Do that a few times and it will get fed up and offer you StartUp Repair options, one of which will lead you to a Command form.

Try typing
net user Administrator /active:yes
and hit the Enter key. If the command is successful, type exit to get out of the form and restart.

With some luck you'll get an extra login option - the system Administrator account. If that lets you in, it will also let create a new User Account and delete the existing one.

Once you've restarted once more and logged in to the mew account, the syntax to shut down the Admin account is the same...
If it's stll on Windows 8.1 I can't be sure this will work but if you have Windows 10, you can hold down the power button for ten seconds to turn the laptop off. Do that a few times and it will get fed up and offer you StartUp Repair options, one of which will lead you to a Command form.

Try typing
net user Administrator /active:yes
and hit the Enter key. If the command is successful, type exit to get out of the form and restart.

With some luck you'll get an extra login option - the system Administrator account. If that lets you in, it will also let create a new User Account and delete the existing one.

Once you've restarted once more and logged in to the mew account, the syntax to shut down the Admin account is the same only with /active:no.

It may not work but it should and because it protects the data of the existing User account and gets you going again.

Solution