Question My asus won't boot because i connected a new ssd

Apr 2, 2020
I have an asus gl502vs laptop and decided to upgrade my system.
For that I bought Samsung qvo 860 1T.
When i removed the HDD ,inserted the new SATA SSD and turned the laptop on it froze on the asus startup logo and didnt let me enter BIOS.
I am quite new to this so is there something i needed to do and didn't?
The OS is on the nvme drive so it shouldn't have any problem to boot. It also booted up fine with only the nvme drive attached/

Sep 5, 2019
Hi Zazibaza, I went through this about a year and a half ago, as have many GL502 users. Sadly the issue is that for some reason that drive causes issues with BIOS version 306 and unfortunately I dont think its even possible to find version 302 anymore. Neither Samsung nor Asus will take any responsibility for the issue and I have contacted customer service for both repeatedly and there are multiple threads about it on the Asus forum. If you can find BIOS version 302 you can do a flashback and your computer will boot again. You can also remove the Samsung and it will boot fine. I have been searching for a resolution to this and have been waiting for ASUS to release a BIOS update that addresses the issue but if you havent already I recommend using a different drive and perhaps contacting ASUS for a guaranteed list of compatible drives.