My BRAND NEW Hyper X Cloud 2 mic is not working..... Please help AUGUST 2016

SladeWilson

Commendable
Aug 22, 2016
Literally about 30 minutes ago I received my Hyper X Cloud 2's. And straight away as I plugged everything in how it was suppose to be my mic wasn't working. So I googled it and alot of people who most likely posted their problems months back were having the same problem, I cant adjust the mics DB levels (Its at 0) I have tried multiple things such as turning the mute switch to un-mute, making sure the mic is properly plugged into the audio jack, and even troubleshooting the recording audio and still nothing its just the same result. Since most of the posts were written months back there might be a fix but the ones I have seen involve me wasting time or spending more money. I got this headset with the money I got from refunding my Steel-series 150s due its common fault happening to me. I spent £75 on this headset and I want to use it right.... Please help me if you know the fix what will solve my problem.......

Solution
Try the headset on another known working computer or sound system.

See if the problem follows the headset.

If the headset works elsewhere go back into the speaker settings via Playback devices, etc. and double check all settings via the tabs and associated properties.

Very easy to overlook some minor change or setting needed for proper audio results.

Failing any success the headsets are probably defective and, unfortunately, you will probably need to return them.
Try the headset on another known working computer or sound system.

See if the problem follows the headset.

If the headset works elsewhere go back into the speaker settings via Playback devices, etc. and double check all settings via the tabs and associated properties.

Very easy to overlook some minor change or setting needed for proper audio results.

Failing any success the headsets are probably defective and, unfortunately, you will probably need to return them.

Solution