My brand new laptop shuts down while playing games unplugged.?

abiztamu

Prominent
Aug 16, 2017
Whenever I play games on my laptop ( brand new) shuts down abrubtly after a few minutes. It's not overheating. What can I do to fix this..?

Solution
Guys the problem has been fixed. I updated the graphic driver and poof. Fixed. I was going to return it but somewhere I read to update my graphic driver. It was a hunch but atleast it got Fixed.

KirbysHammer

Commendable
Jun 21, 2016

It is the battery/power managment.

When you're doing other tasks you're not stressing the power management system. Therefore no issues.

When gaming your GPU is going full tilt with your CPU not far behind.

abiztamu

Prominent
Aug 16, 2017

abiztamu

Prominent
Aug 16, 2017
I don't know I double checked the battery management but there isn't any problem there. Is it because of the windows..? It's running win 10. It has a option to upgrade to win10 pro or something like that.

KirbysHammer

Commendable
Jun 21, 2016

Return the laptop, the power management is defective, likely on a hardware level. There is nothing you can do to fix the problem unless you spend more money.

RMA or return it.

nick66234

Commendable
Sep 16, 2016
I'm not sure why you'd want to return it man. I wouldn't if you like it's gaming capabilities plugged in. When you're unpugged you may be receiving voltage, but the real power (amperage) won't be supplied through a laptop battery. You can still game on it, but you'll need to tweak the settings, which can be scattered across many different places in laptops.

KirbysHammer

Commendable
Jun 21, 2016

Are you kidding? It's a new, defective laptop. There is ZERO reason to keep it.

Return it and buy a new one. Seriously.

abiztamu

Prominent
Aug 16, 2017

abiztamu

Prominent
Aug 16, 2017
Guys the problem has been fixed. I updated the graphic driver and poof. Fixed. I was going to return it but somewhere I read to update my graphic driver. It was a hunch but atleast it got Fixed.

Solution