My bro mistakenly connected two 100 watts beta4 speakers to 800 watts crown amplifier for a few seconds to check whether speak

sweetnsweetraj

Prominent
Dec 9, 2017
I sent my bro new speakers yesterday..My bro mistakenly connected two 100 watts beta4 speakers to 800 watts crown amplifier for a few seconds to check whether speakers or working or not?? Did this damage the speakers?

Solution
They're fine unless he cranked the amplifier way up.
The speakers can handle 100 watts maximum, and the amplifier can put out anywhere from 0 watts (no volume) up to 800 watts max.
You can run 5 watt speakers on the amp, as long as you barely turn it up, so that it doesn't exceed 5 watts. If you exceed a speaker's maximum capability, you'd know it, because the speaker will start distorting and farting, and eventually cook.

dudio

Admirable
They're fine unless he cranked the amplifier way up.
The speakers can handle 100 watts maximum, and the amplifier can put out anywhere from 0 watts (no volume) up to 800 watts max.
You can run 5 watt speakers on the amp, as long as you barely turn it up, so that it doesn't exceed 5 watts. If you exceed a speaker's maximum capability, you'd know it, because the speaker will start distorting and farting, and eventually cook.

Solution