my c850d running Windows 7 just goes into 'startup repair' and then continues running, it runs all night in this mode and does

MoG1949

Commendable
Feb 10, 2016
On trying to start up, computer goes into 'startup repair' and continues running like this for hours.
It has run all night in this mode but has not repaired the problem

Hi,

Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help in solving the issue.
- Start with a hard reboot, remove the battery and unplug the AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds then see if it would boot up normally.
- If these doesn't work do try to run it in Safe Mode.
- While the laptop is booting up, repeatedly press on F8 until it loads Advanced Boot Options then select Safe Mode.
- Once in Safe Mode do run System Restore, restore it back to an earlier date or time before the problem even happened.
- Here's how to run System Restore: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-ph/windows7/restore-system-files-and-settings
- If all these will not work you'll need to reinstall Windows 7.

MoG1949

Commendable
Feb 10, 2016

MoG1949

Commendable
Feb 10, 2016
Hi, Many thanks for your prompt reply, I've just tried the battery removal and button press you advised but no matter what I do or what I select on start options ( start using repair or start normally) it just goes into the Startup Repair mode, what if I go into the f12 options?
Mo