my camera is compatible w windows vista will it work on windows 7

Local199

Honorable
Nov 12, 2013
I have a digital Fujifilm digital camera S8100FD.
It is compatible with: Apple Mac OS X 10.2.8 - 10.3.7, MS Windows 2000 Professional, MS Windows 98, MS Windows 98 SE, MS Windows ME, MS Windows Vista, MS Windows XP, Microsoft Windows 2000, Microsoft Windows Vista, Microsoft Windows XP.
It has a built in, MultiMediaCard, SD Card, SD Memory Card, SDHC Card, SDHC Memory Card, xD-Picture Card
Will I be able to download to a Windows 7 Laptop?

Solution
No problem. The compatibility aspect refers to the software supplied with the camera, but you don't have to use that.
You can buy instead an inexpensive card reader which plugs in to a USB port on your computer.

When you've got some pictures to transfer, just remove the card from your camera and put it in to the card reader.
Windows will read it like any other storage device and open a window showing the pics that are on the card.
Just use copy/paste to transfer them to your computer's hard drive.
That's how most people transfer pictures from a camera now, so much easier than connecting the camera to the computer, and there's no camera software to install either.
No problem. The compatibility aspect refers to the software supplied with the camera, but you don't have to use that.
You can buy instead an inexpensive card reader which plugs in to a USB port on your computer.

When you've got some pictures to transfer, just remove the card from your camera and put it in to the card reader.
Windows will read it like any other storage device and open a window showing the pics that are on the card.
Just use copy/paste to transfer them to your computer's hard drive.
That's how most people transfer pictures from a camera now, so much easier than connecting the camera to the computer, and there's no camera software to install either.

Solution

Local199

Honorable
Nov 12, 2013

According to the Fujifilm site it has both built-in memory and a card slot.
"Storage media
Internal memory (Approx. 58MB)
xD-Picture Card™ (16MB - 2GB)
SD memory card
SDHC memory card *2"
http://www.fujifilm.com/support/digital_cameras/specifications/s/finepix_s8100fd/
The built-in memory is not removable but you can purchase SD cards which are removable.