MERGED QUESTION Question from nitesho : "my dvd player seemed to have vanished from my Satellite c55-b5170. How do I restore? It vanished after i tried WINDOWS 10 but"
My CD DVD Player has disappeared from SATELLITE C-55-B5170. How do i restore. I tried WINDOWS TEN but removed it from my system .
<email removed by mod>
Hello, first i would invite you to make your title short
Then, i would try the following:
1) Reboot your computer
2) Right when your computer starts, you should see the Toshiba logo in the center. At the bottom, you should see "Enter Setup - F2" or something like that. Remember the key it says.
3) Now reboot, and spam the key you just found in the step before.
4) You should now be in your bios. Now try to navigate in it and see if you can find your DVD player listed or not. If you cannot see it anywhere, then it probably means your DVD player is not properly plugged in. However, if you can see it in your bios, proceed to the next steps.
5) Download and install DriversCloud.
6) Now run the software your just installed. This should open a webpage showing all of your hardware. Now go in the bottom and press on "Get the drivers".
7) Now see if it proposes you to install a driver related to your DVD player.
Hope this helps!
This can also happen if you install programs like daemontools. Did you install some dvd emulation program?