My center channel gets quiet under loud music

jdwii

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2010
This center channel like freaks out at higher volumes. What happens is the center went out completly for like 20 seconds then it came back on. This center did the same thing on my pioneer but the pioneer could't power the center at all (after powering it for over 2 years fine). This new receiver only pops the center out at loud volumes. Is the center to weak to be Liston to this loud if so i'll buy a new one, But their is know distortion in the center at all at normal volumes and i always blasted it with my old receiver but like i said 2 years later the center channel on my pioneer went out, Now the center channel popped out for about 20 sec and came back on on this yamaha?

I'm buying some new Polk Audio Monitor40 for fronts and 30's for backs, i already bought a Polk Audio PSW Series PSW10 sub what i'm saying is i would hate to buy a new center just to have the same issue but if it will fix it then i'll be happy. I'm hoping its not this receiver as its past the 14 days i can return it at best buy.

I'm basically saying is it my receiver or the speaker?

I have a Polk audio CSM Black center hooked up to a Yamaha RX-V371

Here is the Center

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16882290125

Here is my Receiver

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16882115313

Solution
This could be because you have the center channel set to "large" in the speaker setup menu. This sends bass to the center that it cannot handle so set it "small" and see what happens.
It is also important that the center match the front speakers so getting the matching center to your new Polks would be a good thing anyway.
This could be because you have the center channel set to "large" in the speaker setup menu. This sends bass to the center that it cannot handle so set it "small" and see what happens.
It is also important that the center match the front speakers so getting the matching center to your new Polks would be a good thing anyway.

Solution

jdwii

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2010

Lol it was becease of the crossover in the center, Took it out and now it works great i'm buying a new CS1 center soon with polk audio 40's as fronts and 30's as rear, along with my new PSW10 Sub.

Thanks for the help though.