My computer does not run as well as it is rated and i can't figure out how to fix it.

Destromite

Prominent
Jul 11, 2017
All my games seem to run badly and i don't know how to fix it. I have tried a lot of things to fix it. From what i can guess it has something to do with my GPU and or ram. My evidence is that for some harder to run games like killing floor 2 i get a very high amount of page faults like over a million when i get a lag spike and is generally high while playing. I have 16G ram so i don't think i should be having that be a problem. When i close the game the amount of page faults go down to around 100-ish sometimes less which from what i can tell is a normal amount. And for another game Subnautica, when i play it my GPU monitor says it is maxing out. My computer has two GPUs a integrated Intel HD 4600 and a Nvidia Geforce GTX 960m. The games minimum requirement is a Intel HD 4600 which is the same GPU my computer has. I have to run the game at minimum setting for it to be playable. This makes me think that my computer is using the wrong GPU to run the game. Easy fix right? well i already set my Nvidia setting to use my Good GPU. I set the games in question to use the good GPU. Still nothing. I even tired disabling my Intel GPU to make my games run using the good one and the games started giving a warning saying my specs were to low to run the game and did not load any graphics; also Nvidia said i did not have a Nvidia device installed for it to run for when i tried to open it. So disabling it seemed to make my computer think it was GPU-liss. From what i can tell my computer is mixing up what GPU it is supposed to be using and using the wrong one. I have battled with many useless tech supports that asked me to reset everything on my computer to fix it Which i did do more then once to no avail. So someone for the love of god know how to help or have some ideas. Sorry for any miss spellings or lack of info. I am tired and have never gotten a reply for any of the posts i make on these websites so i am not trying that had to have everything you may need to solve this. Just enough to get you an idea of the problem i say finishing a paragraph of text.

Solution
well the only thing I can think of is its something to do with the drivers and from my own personal experience I have found https://drp.su/en/foradmin driverpack solution online to be the best I have found but go into expert settings and remove stuff you do not want but asus stuff tends to be more high quality in my views hope this helps.

Destromite

Prominent
Jul 11, 2017

Yes it is a laptop and made by Asus. And by rating i was taking about its specs compared to the games requirements and its 3DMark rating was 4000 to 5000 and the games called for 950.

Destromite

Prominent
Jul 11, 2017

I get its not a great GPU but its several times better then my integrated and the game having GPU problems is asking at minimum to have the completely crap integrated GPU

RARRAF

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2007
well the only thing I can think of is its something to do with the drivers and from my own personal experience I have found https://drp.su/en/foradmin driverpack solution online to be the best I have found but go into expert settings and remove stuff you do not want but asus stuff tends to be more high quality in my views hope this helps.

Solution