My computer recognizes the phone but not the SD card. I know it's there because I can display it on my phone. Any ideas? W

Cafrane

Prominent
Jun 2, 2017
I am trying to transfer files from my Samsung 7 to my Lenovo laptop. I can get to the point where the laptop recognizes the phone but shows no files. My pictures are stored on my SD card. How do I get my laptop to recognize my SD card so I can transfer them?

Solution
NOTE: You will need to connect the computer and the phone via USB cord for this to work.

I would suggest opening up the connection to the phone not through any software from the manufacturer (of the phone), but just as if it is a folder on the computer. Any connected device, unless it has been restricted should allow for this. This will also let you access the SD card the same way.

A way to try it would be to go into "Control Panel" and then "Devices and Printers". When your device is plugged into the computer (via USB cord) it should show there, where as it won't when not connected. It may show as a 'modem'. Why some devices show that way, can't say, but it should allow you to connect through there.
NOTE: You will need to connect the computer and the phone via USB cord for this to work.

I would suggest opening up the connection to the phone not through any software from the manufacturer (of the phone), but just as if it is a folder on the computer. Any connected device, unless it has been restricted should allow for this. This will also let you access the SD card the same way.

A way to try it would be to go into "Control Panel" and then "Devices and Printers". When your device is plugged into the computer (via USB cord) it should show there, where as it won't when not connected. It may show as a 'modem'. Why some devices show that way, can't say, but it should allow you to connect through there.

Solution

Cafrane

Prominent
Jun 2, 2017