My computer wont charge past 50 percent.

cmschafferkc

Prominent
Sep 1, 2017
Hello, I have been searching for the reason that my computer, a Toshiba Satellite S75Dt-A7330, just recently stopped charging past 50 percent. I cannot use it anywhere else because of it. I have to keep it charging 24/7, and I need to take it places so I can work... Does anyone have an answer except just to buy a new battery, which with this computer, is expensive.

Solution
Well, first thing to do is to try a new battery even if you don't want to if you want this tested properly to find out where the issue is. You can try your battery in another laptop of the same model but that is probably even harder to manage than getting a new battery to test with. Not a lot of OEM batteries available for that system though, the cheap Chinese copies are usually pretty bad and tend to die after a year and dive in power capacity in months or even weeks.
Well, first thing to do is to try a new battery even if you don't want to if you want this tested properly to find out where the issue is. You can try your battery in another laptop of the same model but that is probably even harder to manage than getting a new battery to test with. Not a lot of OEM batteries available for that system though, the cheap Chinese copies are usually pretty bad and tend to die after a year and dive in power capacity in months or even weeks.

Solution