Solved! My Dell Inspiron 5567 charger is plugged in but not charging

Jan 23, 2019
My laptop doesnt charge even though the charger has been plugged. I checked through hardware scan (Dell Support Assist) if there was anything wrong with the hardware or motherboard but nothing was wrong according to the scan. Also updated the BIOS and stuff. Did nothing. Also did the Device Manager ACPI Compliant Battery Control trick (where u uninstall it, change for hardware scans and update it). Didn't work as well.

My laptop also does not have a battery I can just remove manually. I probably have to open the whole laptop to do that.

The laptop does charge if I twist it a little after plugging the charger in. Now this shows me a sign that either the DC Jack or the charger itself is broken. The charger looks fine, cause the green light on there just shines when I try to charge it. I don't know if the DC Jack is broken but if it was I think it would have been shown on the hardware scan and it doesnt seem to be loose or anything. I really dont know whats going on, please help.

Solution
It may not actually show in the scan. It is likely, as you stated, the charger plug (the end that connects to the laptop, not the wall) or the charging port. And the charger can light up even if the plug is damaged.

If you don't have the needed parts to try and test (like another charger that is the same) then I would suggest taking it to a local tech to look at it. Unless the device is under warranty, then I would contact the manufacturer.
It may not actually show in the scan. It is likely, as you stated, the charger plug (the end that connects to the laptop, not the wall) or the charging port. And the charger can light up even if the plug is damaged.

If you don't have the needed parts to try and test (like another charger that is the same) then I would suggest taking it to a local tech to look at it. Unless the device is under warranty, then I would contact the manufacturer.

Solution