Solved! my fujitsu laptop restarts when plugged in

kvlapating

Estimable
Aug 28, 2018
my laptop(a fujitsu laptop) restarts when it is charged. when not plugged in it does not restart in any way. When its plugged in it takes a few minutes or hours (it depends) for it to restart the laptop, it also takes a while to load in once logged in(though booting time is faster), usually takes a few minutes. When you boot it up for the first time its slow but logging in is actually quick but once the restarts have begun booting up time is faster but logging in takes years

Theres also variants of the restarts:

just the usual restart(you know the one ive explained above)

multiple restarts: it keeps restarting during booting up the pc, i usually need to take off the charger for it to stop that. and finally the last one

shut off: it just fully shuts off though lights still on, not caused by low battery. I usually need to hold the power button and manually restart it.

it sometimes restarts when its still idle but that happens rarely. it usually happens when i try to use youtube, discord or any game honestly.

can anyone help, tried multiple methods in youtube but no use.

Solution
A few suggestions:

Try a different power adapter.

Reset the BIOS via the CMOS battery (Remove it for a few minutes and reinsert it)

Important: I would advise against continuing to use this power adapter. It is very likely that it is ruining your laptop and the restarts are the laptop's motherboard trying to prevent a short. If you keep taking your chances with it, the motherboard may not succeed at preventing the damage.

mrmike16

Honorable
A few suggestions:

Try a different power adapter.

Reset the BIOS via the CMOS battery (Remove it for a few minutes and reinsert it)

Important: I would advise against continuing to use this power adapter. It is very likely that it is ruining your laptop and the restarts are the laptop's motherboard trying to prevent a short. If you keep taking your chances with it, the motherboard may not succeed at preventing the damage.

Solution