My Galaxy 4 tan starts and goes to the icon display page and when I press on an icon, like google, messenger, etc or won't go

Aug 30, 2018
My Galaxy 3 ran turns on and goes to the icon page
Bit, when I press an icon, like the Google tab, or instant mesenger, pintetest icon, it won't go there, it remains stuck on the icon page. Its driving me crazy because its not responding ! Can anyone give help in how to fix this problem?

Solution
Try starting it up in "Safe Mode" and see if you can access anything. NOTE: Most apps won't work in that mode, but it should allow you to access say system apps, etc. If they work, then you have something on the phone that is prohibiting you from doing this in the normal mode. You need to then locate and remove the problem. Virus, malware, bad app, etc.

If it still won't tap anything while in "Safe Mode" then there is probably something malfunctioning in the display and should be looked at by a tech.

To get into "Safe Mode" please do the following.

1. First turn off the tablet.

2. Next press and hold "Power" until you see the manufacturers logo on the screen, then release the power button.

3. "Quickly" press "Volume Down" and hold...
Try starting it up in "Safe Mode" and see if you can access anything. NOTE: Most apps won't work in that mode, but it should allow you to access say system apps, etc. If they work, then you have something on the phone that is prohibiting you from doing this in the normal mode. You need to then locate and remove the problem. Virus, malware, bad app, etc.

If it still won't tap anything while in "Safe Mode" then there is probably something malfunctioning in the display and should be looked at by a tech.

To get into "Safe Mode" please do the following.

1. First turn off the tablet.

2. Next press and hold "Power" until you see the manufacturers logo on the screen, then release the power button.

3. "Quickly" press "Volume Down" and hold it for few seconds until you see the message "Safe mode: ON" or something similar.

4. If you wanted disable it, simply repeat the steps above, and you should see "Safe Mode: OFF" rather than on.

Solution