My Galaxy S5 will not run apps from my sd card

zach99

Commendable
Apr 28, 2016
I have moved several apps to my external sd card using the "move to external storage" button in the applications manager. When I did this, the icons became gray generic Android icons and when I tap them, I receive an error message that says "application not installed." I am running Android 5.0 (Lollipop) on a Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900A. Music photos and video are fine. Anyone else encounter this problem? Solutions?

Solution
If you are running Lollipop and move apps to the card they should work, at least the apps that can be moved. Any forced moving, won't work. Very Few apps will run from a card, which is considered external storage, in your version of the OS. Now if you were using a phone with Marshmallow, it would allow you to turn (in most cases) the card as internal storage rather than external.

Also, if the apps you have moved (some do allow it) require you to be logged in to use them, some apps sadly do, then this would also cause your problem. I am running the same OS and have a few that are on my card, that work, however most can't move to the card.

Have you checked online, where you got the apps from to see if they allow them to be run that...
If you are running Lollipop and move apps to the card they should work, at least the apps that can be moved. Any forced moving, won't work. Very Few apps will run from a card, which is considered external storage, in your version of the OS. Now if you were using a phone with Marshmallow, it would allow you to turn (in most cases) the card as internal storage rather than external.

Also, if the apps you have moved (some do allow it) require you to be logged in to use them, some apps sadly do, then this would also cause your problem. I am running the same OS and have a few that are on my card, that work, however most can't move to the card.

Have you checked online, where you got the apps from to see if they allow them to be run that way, or if there is something you need to do with them to make it work?

Solution

TRENDING THREADS