my galaxy tablet has frozen completely and I can't do anything at all anyone know how to fix it??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Missusz

Estimable
Oct 19, 2015
My niece was playing on my tab said she exited temple run and it completely froze wont turn off just keeps showing the same screen plz help

Solution

Did this and got screen in ODIN mode - Product Name SM-T700 - green icon in centre of screen - reads 'downloading....Do not turn off target!! -
this was an hour ago and it has gone no further. Screen will not turn off. Completely frozen. Help please!

Maggs4

Estimable
Dec 10, 2015

absolutely brilliant, this worked for me 1st time thanks for sharing xx, maggs

woodward

Estimable
Dec 12, 2015

Did this and got screen in ODIN mode - Product Name SM-T700 - green icon in centre of screen - reads 'downloading....Do not turn off target!! -
this was an hour ago and it has gone no further. Screen will not turn off. Completely frozen. Help please!

Solution

SusannahDudley

Estimable
Jan 28, 2016

Titillating you are an absolute star!!!! I had exactly the same problem, and there is nothing in the box or instructions to tell you this. Thank you very much :D

Amina2016

Commendable
Feb 14, 2016
Thank you - You amazing person :)
Solution worked like a charm.

JaredRH72

Commendable
May 22, 2016

JaredRH72

Commendable
May 22, 2016
I have done the hard reboot. But once the ATT symbol comes on it locks up again. I saw someone else suggested removing the battery but I can't get the case open.

HopeyLPN

Commendable
Jun 18, 2016

Simply wanted to say that I appreciate the help. Worked immediately. I was so upset. Thanks ever so much.

HopeyLPN

Commendable
Jun 18, 2016
This happened to me tonight and I was just sick. Found out on here to simply HOLD DOWN POWER BUTTON AND VOLUME DOWN BUTTON AT THE SAME TIME FOR 10 SECONDS.. Problem solved. Sure saved me a lot of worry and I am sure money.

Senaz

Prominent
Apr 20, 2017

Very intelligent! Solved my problem with this method. Headache gone instantly. Smile is back now! Senaz.

I like my cat meow

Prominent
Jul 24, 2017
Ive had my poor sammy give me the freeze many times with total NO response to home page return cant adjust sound ect ! All I could do is send it to its room with no dinner ( the battery completely wears down ) then recharge battery at which time it returns to its completely charming self with a look that says whats your problem Geesshhh? The first time it ever happened I ran right back to its place of adoption and allowed certified geek to convince me whole system needed updating Arrrrrrrr! I lost some of its best features and was left with the most annoying pop up along the bottom every time you touch by accident up they pop covering a third of your screen and providing no nutritional value €(^;^)? Hope this was helpful ? The real head scratcher is why samsung has not found a solution to this very annoying and ongoing problem !

bluecougars

Prominent
Aug 29, 2017

Shannon1961

Prominent
Jul 7, 2017

I had this problem too. Thanks to this site I was able to reboot my Samsung tablet. THANK YOU

Mar 31, 2018

I've tried this several times without results. The Tab A T-550 stopped in the middle of a search, blank black screen. No responce to any combination of button presses for 15 sec. or more.

Status
Not open for further replies.