my hard drive has been wiped and i need help isntalling a new os

Baumy15

Estimable
May 12, 2014
my hard drive in my laptop got wiped COMPLETELY and I cant get windows ultimate or mac os mountain lion to install.
windows is on a cd and mac is on my usb is there any way I can get either to work.

when I install windows I need my laptop driver disk and it didn't come with one and its out of warranty and mac isn't doing anything.
is there a way I can get mac to work I have another laptop but it has no disk drive and no admin access is there anything at all or is my laptop screwed.
and no downloading software I cant download and install it.

thanks

p.s I need a good reliable answer.

emdea22

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2011
i have no clue about Mac. Go to a friend and download and burn the drivers unzipped to a a dvd.

P.s. In order for me to give a reliable answer you must post the exact error message that you are given when installing windows...

Baumy15

Estimable
May 12, 2014

1 I cant get the drivers its on a disk for msi
and the error I get is unexpected error that's no help is it?

but what I get before that is chose an operating system to start
windows setup [ems enabled] doesn't work it says no operating system found
and the other one
x64 recovery mode [ems enabled] it says no drivers installed

and the first thing that comes up

intel UNDI. PXE-2.1 (build 002)\copyright (C) 1997-1000 intel corperation

this product is covered by one or more of the following patients:US5, 307, 459, US5, 434, 872, US5, 732, 094, US6, 570, 884, US6, 115, 776 AND US6, 327, 625

Realtek PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet Controller Series v2.26 (090219)
PXE-E61: Media test failure, check cable
PXE-M0F: Exiting PXE ROM

inshomothal

Estimable
Sep 26, 2014
I have the same problem with my hard drive. I even tried to install a new operating system on it and when it came to the step where it asks you to choose which drive you want to install the new OS into, it didn't find the hard drive at all. It happened after I chose the option to format the hard drive in the advanced options.