My headset of over four years are finally dying. Need some suggestions!

Eden Tosh

Estimable
Jul 9, 2015
So I bought my Turtlebeach X12's back in June of 2011, and they have been beyond perfect for the $45 I spent on them.

They were great (At least in my opinion, I'm not the best at discerning audio quality, so they could suck compared to something else) for all my gaming and musical needs. I really liked the bass boost option, allowing me to get that extra "umph!" that I wanted.

But for the past few months, I've had to use tape and twist ties to hold the wires in just the right place to allow sound to come out of the left earpiece. And today, the right earpiece has gone out too, requiring to constantly fumble with the wires to get sound just to play out of the right earpiece.

I can't be constantly having one hand messing with the wires trying to get the "sweet" spot while doing homework, or typing stuff, or playing video games. So it's time, that I get a new headset.

My price limit is around $140, I got a new job, so if there is something really great that is just a bit more expensive, tell me, and I might just wait a bit until I get paid more money.

The main thing I want is a mic with as good or better quality as the x12's, comfortable earpieces that are pretty big for my huge ears, and most of all, I want greater sound quality than my x12's, especially in the rest of the ranges not just the bass, for my music and video games.

Sorry if these are requirements are impossible to meet for the price, I haven't really looked around, since I prefer a experienced answer from this forum, whose member have never guided me wrong yet! Thanks in advance for any of your time and help, it is beyond appreciated!

Edit: This is for my PC, forgot to add that!
Edit #2: I'd actually prefer wired as I have a pair of wireless ones already, that doesn't get used for now due to not having a wireless card yet. And they have poor sound quality, so I don't want to just buy a wireless card and use them.

Solution
Hi 'Eden Tosh'
I've tried several different headsets and headphones over time and found that the offerings of "Sennheiser" to be some of the best I've ever experienced. I'm more into things like gaming and talking on 'Skype' rather than just straight music (though I do get into 'Pandora' occasionally).
Check out "Sennheiser's" website: http://en-us.sennheiser.com/

Montego

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2011
Hi 'Eden Tosh'
I've tried several different headsets and headphones over time and found that the offerings of "Sennheiser" to be some of the best I've ever experienced. I'm more into things like gaming and talking on 'Skype' rather than just straight music (though I do get into 'Pandora' occasionally).
Check out "Sennheiser's" website: http://en-us.sennheiser.com/

Solution

Eden Tosh

Estimable
Jul 9, 2015
Thanks to the both of you for your help, I'm really liking the Sennheiser G4ME ZERO headset the most, especially with the look and features to them. So I'll probably save for those and get them in the next month or so!