Question My HP 8570p wont boot

Mar 11, 2020
i have HP 8570p with intel i7 3740qm and AMD HD 7570m
I was having this problem a few days ago, when i was using my notebook, suddenly it freezes and i was forced do to a hard reset
When i tried to turn it back on the fan is spinning and the monitor is black and when i tried to plug in my keyboard, the keyboard light wont turn on
When i was looking for the solution I thought it was because of the cmos battery, because coincidentally for a few week my notebook time was often off every time i turn on the computer after shuting it down
But when i replaced the battery, nothing changed
Does that mean i have motherboard problem?
Is it possible my new battery is dead?

Extra bits:
1.no beep, and the capslock does not blink
  1. When i remove the ram capslock blink 3 time, looking at the hp suport page it mean ram is missing (atleast my notebook recognized that)
  2. The led indicator on the sides turn on, charging indicator is normal, when i turn on the notebook, the power indicator is white, and the wifi indicator starts as orange then turn white

You said the fan turns on? Then it isn't dead. It wouldn't turn on the fan if it wasn't running. And if the lights turn on, again it is powering up.

Try this...

1. Turn the laptop off (not sleep or hibernate but off).
  2. Connect an external monitor to the laptop.
  3. Turn on the external monitor.
  4. Turn on the laptop.

NOTE: You may have to press an "external monitor" button. Could be the f4 button or a button with two monitors on it, for the external monitor to work.

If you can see fine on the external monitor, then your attached display, or the ribbon cable that connects it, are your problem.

If you can't see on the external monitor at all, or the problem occurs on the external monitor as well, then it is probably the graphics card/GPU that is the problem, which may require the motherboard be replaced.

You may also want to try hitting CTRL + SHIFT + WIN + B to try and reset your graphics driver as another possible fix.

Mar 11, 2020
I tried CTRL + SHIFT+WIN+B and it doesn't work

Because my notebook uses display port, i currently don't have the mean to connect it to monitor right now, so I need to order a display port cable

Do you think plugging and unplugging the monitor ribbon cable will do anything?

And if it was the gpu do you think using external gpu would help? I saw some post on using the express card slot to plug in egpu

As to the display cable, can't hurt. As long as you don't damage it or where it connects. As stated before, it could be the display the cable or the GPU.

As to the use of an external one, I don't think that would resolve the issue. And the device may not accept it. Not all laptops do.

Mar 11, 2020
I think im gonna wait for the display cable to arrive before doing anything else

If the gpu actually the issue, i really hope that egpu can bypass the igpu
Because atleast i know that putting an egpu on my model is doable

Mar 11, 2020
I just found this video
View: https://youtu.be/w37QV0EZXQI

My problem is exactly the same as the note book in that video

In the video he mentioned that because the hard drive led indicator turn on it probably the screen, and if it didn't then it probably the motherboard, specifically the igpu

He managed to fix it by reflowing the gpu using heat gun

It is possible it is the same, but then again, it is possible it isn't. The screen being black while the device is on is not an uncommon issue. Most times it is the cable that connects the display or the display itself. Hence testing it with an external monitor. If you choose to try it, that is up to you, just be sure you know what you are doing or you can make things worse rather than better.