My HP core i5 came with win 10 64 bit. Can I change it to 32 bit and still have the system fully driven?

Solution
You'll have to check the driver page for your PC model on HP support website to see if they've released 32-bit Windows 10 drivers --- sometimes they only have 64-bit drivers (I know they only have 64-bit drivers for my new HP desktop).

Quite why you'd want to use 32-bit Windows instead of 64-bit is baffling anyhow. These days you need at least 8GB RAM for decent performance but 32-bit Windows can't use more than 4GB - -- so it wouldn't be a smart move at all.
You'll have to check the driver page for your PC model on HP support website to see if they've released 32-bit Windows 10 drivers --- sometimes they only have 64-bit drivers (I know they only have 64-bit drivers for my new HP desktop).

Quite why you'd want to use 32-bit Windows instead of 64-bit is baffling anyhow. These days you need at least 8GB RAM for decent performance but 32-bit Windows can't use more than 4GB - -- so it wouldn't be a smart move at all.

Solution
The biggest downside of using Windows 10 32-bit is the restriction on RAM which is limited to 4GB. In actuality once in the Windows 10 32-bit OS there will likely only be around 3.4GB to 3.6GB of RAM available because the laptop needs to allocate some of the system for the various components in the laptop so that Windows 10 can address them.

USAFRet

Illustrious

Can you do a full wipe and reinstall of 32bit Win 10?
Yes.

Why you want to do this...that is a whole other question. And NOT recommended.

So...why?
And how much RAM do you have?

androbourne

Prominent
Jul 18, 2017
Like USAFRet said. Why would you do this?

Even if you needed to use a 32bit program. X64 is compatible with x32 as well.

There really isn't any reason to downgrade to x32. It is a dead infrastructure.

USAFRet

Illustrious

Win 10 64bit will run all 32bit or 64bit plugins and applications.
Win 10 32bit will run only 32bit plugins and applications.

You gain nothing.