My husband insists that we cannot turn our tv off ever - because of the power surge when it's turned on. What?

Peggy James

Prominent
Aug 10, 2017
I am not permitted to turn any tv's off......because if the power surge when they are turned completely off. I am allowed to bring up a recorded movie, put it on pause and then wait fir the screen saver to take over. But, I must never turn tv off because it could blow out the set.

Solution
Does he keep the car running 24/7 because when you start it the oil is cold?
Tell your husband that TVs are designed to be turned on and off so there is no surge when you do that. There is a surge when your power company or lightning decides you deserve one. A good quality surge protector, which you have to replace periodically, is a good idea but won't protect against everything.
Does he keep the car running 24/7 because when you start it the oil is cold?
Tell your husband that TVs are designed to be turned on and off so there is no surge when you do that. There is a surge when your power company or lightning decides you deserve one. A good quality surge protector, which you have to replace periodically, is a good idea but won't protect against everything.

Solution