My IdeaPad 510 was working fine...on full battery...then just died. Even when I plug it in now no lights go on...totally dead

Feb 21, 2018
My Lenovo IdeaPad 510was working fine...I stepped away for a few minutes and I came back the computer was dead. I tried to plug it in and no lights come on. I was in the middle of important work....please help....

NOTE: Yes, I know some batteries are not so easy to get to, on some devices. However, it should be removable/replaceable. Unless it is under warranty, then you should contact the manufacturer first.

Try the following and see if it will turn on...

1. Unplug your charger cord.
2. Remove the battery.
3. Press and hold the "Power" button for 30 seconds.
4. Now plug back in the power/charger cord.
5. Now put the battery back in.

If this doesn't help, then test the power cord to see if it is good. Either try your cord in another device, or try another devices cord in your laptop. You may also want to try charging it when the device is off, rather than on. If it works then, the cord is probably the issue.

Should that not be the problem, then check the battery to see if it needs replacing.

NOTE: Yes, I know some batteries are not so easy to get to, on some devices. However, it should be removable/replaceable. Unless it is under warranty, then you should contact the manufacturer first.

Try the following and see if it will turn on...

1. Unplug your charger cord.
2. Remove the battery.
3. Press and hold the "Power" button for 30 seconds.
4. Now plug back in the power/charger cord.
5. Now put the battery back in.

If this doesn't help, then test the power cord to see if it is good. Either try your cord in another device, or try another devices cord in your laptop. You may also want to try charging it when the device is off, rather than on. If it works then, the cord is probably the issue.

Should that not be the problem, then check the battery to see if it needs replacing.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
sandrom Laptop Tech Support 4
Y Laptop Tech Support 0
M Laptop Tech Support 1
F Laptop Tech Support 1
K Laptop Tech Support 3
ayush099 Laptop Tech Support 1
P Laptop Tech Support 1
D Laptop Tech Support 1
R Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 1
B Laptop Tech Support 1