My internal storage says it's full while I don't have many files

Solution
Every app takes up space, not to mention the OS itself takes up space. Add any apps you install, and on top of all that any data each app saves takes up even more space.

Depending on which version of that phone you have, the internal should be either 32GB or 64GB. Both being a lot more space than most phones have. So if you are running low, first I would check the device for malware, viruses, bad apps, etc., that can be adding things to the phone. Then start clearing out the excess data. Old text messages, facebook history and cache, facebook messages, browser history and cache, etc. All this takes up space.

Then I would look at what apps are on there that don't need to be and remove them (unless needed by the system).

Every app takes up space, not to mention the OS itself takes up space. Add any apps you install, and on top of all that any data each app saves takes up even more space.

Depending on which version of that phone you have, the internal should be either 32GB or 64GB. Both being a lot more space than most phones have. So if you are running low, first I would check the device for malware, viruses, bad apps, etc., that can be adding things to the phone. Then start clearing out the excess data. Old text messages, facebook history and cache, facebook messages, browser history and cache, etc. All this takes up space.

Then I would look at what apps are on there that don't need to be and remove them (unless needed by the system).

Solution