My iPhone only shows up as internal storage on my windows 8 computer

JasmineFreya

Estimable
Dec 30, 2014
I have been trying to transfer my purchased songs from my iPhone to my Windows 8 Laptop. Every time I plug my phone into my laptop it shows up as internal storage so I click on it and the folder shows up as DCIM and I cannot find any of my purchased songs this way. Is there anyway to change the settings so I view the files from my phone instead of my internal storage?

Solution
Last I checked, iPhones don't work that way. You can't just plug it into your computer and expect it to show up as an external drive the ways Androids do. Nearly everything has to be done through iTunes, and if I recall correctly, you can put songs onto your phone from your computer, but not the other way around.
Last I checked, iPhones don't work that way. You can't just plug it into your computer and expect it to show up as an external drive the ways Androids do. Nearly everything has to be done through iTunes, and if I recall correctly, you can put songs onto your phone from your computer, but not the other way around.

Solution

andye1981

Estimable
May 15, 2015

iPhones have always previously allowed you to view pictures in a windows explorer style window and copy or cut them straight to your PC