Solved! My keyboard isn’t working properly

Sf9

Prominent
Oct 27, 2019
Today I by mistakenly had spilt milk on some parts of my keyboard of my laptop I dried the excess off. It isn’t working properly e.g if I try to press the the key to move forward it won’t work but then few second later it will keep on moving forward by its own and won’t stop.
Any suggestions of what should I do?

Solution
Any liquid on a device needs the following.
  1. Turn the device off immediately and leave it off.
  2. Disconnect anything connected to the laptop
  3. Remove the charger and the battery.
  4. Dry what you can on the exterior and then open up the device and dry all the interior. This will mean taking it apart.
  5. Now leave it somewhere out of the way that is warm and dry to sit for days. Yes I said days. Depending on how much liquid, and where it went in the laptop, anywhere from 1 to 4 days.
  6. If it was anything other than clear water, once it is done drying, you will need to go back and use something to clear away all the residue it left behind. Once that is done, again leave the device somewhere open and safe to dry for a few days...
Any liquid on a device needs the following.
  1. Turn the device off immediately and leave it off.
  2. Disconnect anything connected to the laptop
  3. Remove the charger and the battery.
  4. Dry what you can on the exterior and then open up the device and dry all the interior. This will mean taking it apart.
  5. Now leave it somewhere out of the way that is warm and dry to sit for days. Yes I said days. Depending on how much liquid, and where it went in the laptop, anywhere from 1 to 4 days.
  6. If it was anything other than clear water, once it is done drying, you will need to go back and use something to clear away all the residue it left behind. Once that is done, again leave the device somewhere open and safe to dry for a few days.
  7. When it is finally all clean and dry, put it back together and try starting it up.
Not doing all this and trying to use it still will likely lead to permanent damage to one or more components and possibly lead to needing a whole new device. So be patient and do it right.

NOTE: If you don't feel comfortable doing it all yourself, take it to a local tech.

Solution