Solved! My laptop audio doesn't work

Merkuus

Commendable
Aug 1, 2019
My laptop doesn't recognize any audio devices and thus can't play anything. It won't recognize my headphones or built-in speakers. I have tried to reinstall drivers and do a clean boot but nothing has worked. My laptop is HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop 15-cx0xxx

Solution
So you have connected through the 3.5mm port, and the USB port, plus tried just using the internal speakers, and get no sounds at all?

Have you gone into control panel and check that the sounds are set up correctly (you can also test them in there as well).

Also, have you checked to make sure they aren't muted? Even programs can sometimes mute your sounds.

In the end, if none of this works, then you may well have to have the laptop looked at.
It is possible the sound on the device has died, which would require parts be replaced.

However, before doing that, I am assuming here that you are trying to connect via the 3.5mm port, other than the internal speakers. Have you tried connecting via a USB port? Try that and see if it works for you. If not, then I would look at getting the laptop repaired.

Merkuus

Commendable
Aug 1, 2019
It is possible the sound on the device has died, which would require parts be replaced.

However, before doing that, I am assuming here that you are trying to connect via the 3.5mm port, other than the internal speakers. Have you tried connecting via a USB port? Try that and see if it works for you. If not, then I would look at getting the laptop repaired.
The computer recognizes my usb headphones and it gives the audio signals that it works and has connected. But when i try to watch videos or listen to music, the browser doesn't play anything. Spotify also gave me some error that i should refresh but it never works. I tried this on both firefox and edge browsers.

So you have connected through the 3.5mm port, and the USB port, plus tried just using the internal speakers, and get no sounds at all?

Have you gone into control panel and check that the sounds are set up correctly (you can also test them in there as well).

Also, have you checked to make sure they aren't muted? Even programs can sometimes mute your sounds.

In the end, if none of this works, then you may well have to have the laptop looked at.

Solution

Merkuus

Commendable
Aug 1, 2019

I have tried internal speakers and the 3.5mm port but the device doesnt recognize either of them. When I tried the control panel it says that no audio device is installed. With the USB port i can control the volume but no sounds comes through. I will probably go get the computer checked out