My laptop cant connect to my tv via hdmi anymore

Aug 14, 2018
I have never had problems in the past connecting my laptop to the tv via hdmi but now it won't connect. I have an hp laptop with windows 10. I have tried replacing the hdmi cords, changing the display settings and factory resetting my computer and still nothing. My tv recognizes the connection but then says no signal can any one give me a little help

paulchezter

Notable
Aug 11, 2018
Please make sure that you choose the right input source for HDMI. I guess for televisions, there are more than 1 HDMI port that is available. Also, try doing this, go to Control Panel in your computer then choose Display then select Project to a second screen and select second screen only. I hope this will work.

Aug 24, 2018
What worked for me was to shut down my laptop (Dell), unplug the charger and remove the battery for a few minutes. Before that, the laptop would refuse to detect HDMI connection, no matter all the different ways I would try to choose extended desktop or duplicate. The videocard driver would only show settings for laptop display and there was no way to select external display.

Aug 14, 2018

This didnt seem to work either nor did removing the battery and putting it back in it says we couldnt find another screen to connect to even though my tv detects it and the hdmi cable is brand new. Sorry it took me awhile to respond I've been busy with work