My laptop Dell Vostro 1450 which is 4.5 Years old is not starting when I start it just shows one light and the turns off autom

How2Tech

Commendable
Aug 18, 2016
My Laptop Vostro 1450 is having a problem which is it is not starting nd before this my keyboard keys gone mad nd once my laptop ran automatically when I didnt even pressed the power button nd i ran the tests to see if laptop is working properly then when the tests were c
Going on my laptop shuts down while the tests were going on nd when I tried to switch on the laptop it is not turning on just one power light blinks and then laptop shuts down nd I need to press the power button for a quite long time to switch my laptop on Plzz help fast. Sometimes two led lights blink nd then the laptop shuts down.

Solution
Have you tried checking it for malware and/or viruses? That would my first choice.

Try loading in "Safe Mode" and see if the problem goes away. If not, then if it is a software cause, I would be reinstalling the system. If it is a hardware problem, your motherboard may be going. There are a few variables going on here. Start with the "Safe Mode" start and see where that gets you. If it loads fine.. then check for malware, viruses, etc.

How to enter "Safe Mode" when booting the computer.

In Windows 8 and 10 ...

As your computer restarts, press F8 (possibly a few times) to enter "Safe Mode"

a. Press the "F4" key to Enable "Safe Mode".
(The computer will then start in "Safe Mode" with a minimal set of drivers and services.)

b. Press...
Have you tried checking it for malware and/or viruses? That would my first choice.

Try loading in "Safe Mode" and see if the problem goes away. If not, then if it is a software cause, I would be reinstalling the system. If it is a hardware problem, your motherboard may be going. There are a few variables going on here. Start with the "Safe Mode" start and see where that gets you. If it loads fine.. then check for malware, viruses, etc.

How to enter "Safe Mode" when booting the computer.

In Windows 8 and 10 ...

As your computer restarts, press F8 (possibly a few times) to enter "Safe Mode"

a. Press the "F4" key to Enable "Safe Mode".
(The computer will then start in "Safe Mode" with a minimal set of drivers and services.)

b. Press the "F5" key to Enable "Safe Mode" with Networking.
( Once "Safe Mode" with Networking starts, Windows is in Safe Mode, with additional network and services for accessing the Internet and other computers on your network.)

c. Press the "F6" key to Enable "Safe Mode" with Command Prompt.
(In "Safe Mode" with "Command Prompt" starts Windows in Safe Mode, with a Command Prompt window instead of the Windows interface. This option is mostly only used by IT professionals.)

Now sign in to the computer with your account name and password. (If you have one set.) When you are finished troubleshooting, you can exit "Safe Mode" restarting your computer.

Solution