My laptop has been stuck on preparing automatic repair loop and its a lenovo 1 year old and idk i need help

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cesar516

Estimable
Oct 8, 2014
It's been stuck on a preparing automatic repair loop and then it say diagnosing ur pc and back to preparing and over and over again im tired of it i really need my laptop fixed and i can't buy a new one cuz my parent are gonna flip if i tell them i broke my lenovo 1 year old computer plz help im begging

Retro1988

Estimable
Mar 19, 2015
I had the exact same problem, and found a flukey fix! Use a pin to press the Novo button (while the pc is turned off, not in the loop), select system recovery but before starting it, click cancel. It will then ask you to turn off or reboot. I clicked reboot and it loaded up fine!! No files missing, no expensive phone call. Trial and error guys :) give it a go!

hsn53

Estimable
Apr 10, 2015

jennie61

Estimable
Apr 16, 2015

Illych Tortorovald

Estimable
May 26, 2015

This worked for on a Ideapad Y Series. I did some digging after getting the system up and running and it seems like this is a common(ish) bug and I wanted to help if anyone is having this same issue with any non Lenovo product. The issue is with Windows 8's Kernel when it goes into its hibernation mode due to its fast startup feature built into the OS. What pressing in the novo button is doing is allowing you to go into the systems BIOS and choosing cancel is forcing the computer to actually restart into a cold boot and clear any temp data stored for hibernation. Yes, you will lose any data that was not saved before hitting shutdown or letting the machine sit idle for some time, but you shouldn't lose any previously installed programs and you should be up and running without any need to call the manufacturer. If you are not using a Lenovo and have this issue this can be done by simply removing the battery, or power cord if you are using a Desktop, and putting it back in.

cookie12

Estimable
May 28, 2015
THIS IS A LENOVO TRICK... SEEMS LIKE A LOT OF PEOPLE ARE HAVING THIS SAME PROBLEM!!!! I tried the reboot button next to the plug area it's a little black dot doesn't look like it would go in I used a pencil to push it in as it was off and rebooted. There was no cancel button or area. It reads bios, system restore and something else which I forgot right now. I tried over and over and still this piece of crap Lenovo won't get out of the reboot fix automatic repair loop which just sit's there forever. I won't ever buy another Lenovo laptop that's for sure. I have had DELL's forever which last forever over and over again, still have my first Dell laptop and it still works. I bought the Lenovo and only used it for a family member a few times before this message showed up the darn thing is brand new didn't even get to make the emg. disk yet, didn't think I would need it so soon. Usually I can fix anything and everything but this lenovo won't let me past the loop there is no f8 or f12 fix for getting past the shell to get inside fix and restart normally. This company should be reported for doing this. Trying to get people to call them and pay more money!!!! Rip off Crooks!!! It also says press the fn and f9 button tried that. Tried to press the pg dn button to which says sys restore on it... still nothing is working. Now it went to total freeze...won't even spin anymore... Hope someone gets a free solution but this is the pitts....I haven't found one yet...

Kelinordonez

Estimable
May 28, 2015
I have a HP 15 notebook Pc , & it has the same problem ! Can someone help me out ? I tried to take the battery out , nothing . I tried that turn off & hold the power button for 30 seconds nothing . & then i tried f11, f2,f10, & f8 it still doesn't work . Can someone please help me out ?

nmonoto

Estimable
Jun 15, 2015

dawnwhitehand

Estimable
Jun 23, 2015
NOT A SOLUTION _ A QUESTION

I have this same prob also and have spent hours trawling the net & trying lots of different things -to no avail...

I have pressed the nova button and do get the nova button menu, but when clicking on the system recovery option it automaticlally goes back to the loop.....

so I read somewhere to select system recovery but then click cancel which takes you to the boot manager.... in this menu it says to hit F8 for more options (I presume system restore, etc) but nothing happens when I press F8, and if I just press enter it takes me back to the loop....

I have tried everything suggested above from disconnecting the battery to letting the computer 'rest' --- help!!

BlurJAy

Estimable
Jun 29, 2015

What does he mean by " select system recovery but before starting it, click cancel"? When I press select system recovery, it goes straight into loading files->booting. It doesn't give me an option to cancel the selection.

rbsP400

Estimable
Jul 5, 2015
This is a question not an answer!

To everyone (or anyone) who suggests using the NOVO button and pressing cancel before selecting System Recovery, please provide further explanation. On my Lenovo P400 the NOVO menu has 4 options: Normal Startup, BIOS Setup, Boot Menu, and System Recovery. At the bottom of the screen it says "Up and Down to change option, Enter to select an option"
No cancel option anywhere to be found.

Selecting System Recovery and pressing Enter eventually gets me back to the automatic recovery mode, which just spins it's wheels for hours and hours with no change.

tomgirl

Estimable
Jul 12, 2015

I have a Lenovo laptop had the same problem. I did what you suggested minus the cancel button and it worked! Thanks so much for this suggestion, you saved me money and time!!!

Jotham

Estimable
Sep 22, 2015
I have the same problem also and however my recommended solution for this to reformat the your hard drive.
!st step is to enter the boot menu and change the boot priority by a removable media or a cd/dvd which a bootable windows 7 or 8 has been installed, to do this you need to press Novo Button then go to boot menu... to know how to reformat your loptop, kindly consider this video tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEHB3jqicXA

Sebrof

Estimable
Oct 8, 2015

This worked for me. My Acer aspire v5 did the same thing. Just shut off on it's own when I was just sitting there. Restarted to a bsod/auto repair loop. Did what you said and now it's all good.thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.